I'm officially ready for spring. Now that Colorado got a massive snowstorm out of the way last week I'm content to let winter slide on out - bring on the blooming trees, flower buds and oh yes, the NFL Draft. As expected the number of draft articles is starting to ramp up so soak it all up, I say. And if there's any specific fantasy football info that you're looking for this offseason, send me an e-mail and I'll see if I can find it.
By the way, my favorite commercial this weekend during the tourney? A 60 Minutes blurb where we saw LeBron James hit an underhanded toss dead-on from well past the half court mark. Every time that commercial aired I think I giggled and felt a little more wowed by LeBron.
- FantasySharks bring on part 1 of their Mocking the 2009 NFL Draft - check back soon for part 2 with the next 16 picks of the first round.
- Fantasyfootball.com is keeping an updated ranking by position of all the incoming rooks; take a look to see the latest on where your favorite college players might go. And clearly I haven't been paying very close attention to college TEs since I see there's a guy from Fresno State named Bear. Bear Pascoe. That rocks. So does the name Glen Coffee. Can I have a cool name draft?
- Perhaps if I had already read Rotoworld's Draft '09: The Tight Ends I would've been better prepared for the awesomeness of Bear's name.
- LJ is on probation. I'm somewhat intrigued by what he might do this year - anything? Will he even be in KC? He still had a few flashes of brilliance (against my poor Broncos, for example) this past season but it sure does seem like LJ's time has come and gone. FFXtreme has some thoughts on what to do with Johnson if you've got him.
- CBS Sports' Stockwatch: A pre-draft look at fantasy RBs should entertain most of you since RBs are the bread and butter of FF. I certainly don't disagree that MJD is going to have a big year, but I've gotta be honest, I'm not of the mindset that he's going to have a tremendous season or be worthy of the 3rd overall draft as noted here. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him on my team but I'm not convinced he'll live up to the hype.
- AOL Fanhouse reports on Michael Vick's intentions to bring in big figures from the NFL - just where will that be happening though? Who is taking the Vick Risk?