Whoa. August, you rocked me. We had a lot going on in our world: the start of Kindergarten, travel, hand/foot/mouth disease combined with a stomach bug (don't get me started on that one...), potty training, and the loss of my 97-year-old grandma who was a strong and lovely woman. It has been a full month with some trying times, but also some really amazing moments together. Either way, I'm ready for things to calm down a bit...but it's football season, no time for calm! My 5-year-old son is freaking out about the start of football time in Tennessee (1 day!) and we're in negotiations for creating an entire meal for him that's orange in honor of the UT Vols. And I'm freaking out - Trevor Siemian is starting for the Broncos (my alma mater and favorite pro team mishmashing together)! Even if it doesn't last for long (see Rotoworld's line of thinking on the Broncos QB situation here), I'll take it.
I'm drafting tonight in my FFLibrarian Monster League and am feeling woefully unprepared. Here's hoping you all have been more on the ball than I have this preseason, but perhaps what we all need are a ton of links to get the fantasy brain rolling. Or FantasyPros' Draft Wizard, which I will employ tonight, no doubt.
- Let's start with a few reviews from the week 3 preseason games:
- Rotoworld's Fallout: Preseason Week 3
- Yahoo's Down Goes Tony Romo
- Fantasy Football Nerd's Movers and Shakers tracks players who have moved the most in experts' rankings in the past 7 days.
- I don't know about the rest of you, but I love seeing how fantasy experts actually draft - these folks tend to know what they're doing and here we get a sneak peek into their Season-Long League Live Draft. Note, it's PPR with 3 starting WRs, so uh, receiver-friendly.
- FFToday has 10 Players to Avoid at their ADP and FantasySharks.com has Current ADP: 5 Players to Avoid - note, these aren't necessarily busts, just guys they feel should fall a bit farther.
- Sleepers or late-round targets:
- Auction leaguers, take a look at what FFToday pulled together in recapping their expert auction draft - The Art of the Auction.
- DavidGonos.com suggests Top 39 free fantasy football draft tools you must use in 2016 - some really good stuff here, and a lot of tools remain useful during the season, too: strength of schedule, FantasyRundown's links, podcasts, trade raters, FootballGuys.com's daily e-mail, etc. Let's add FFLibrarian and make it an even 40.