Greetings from your long-lost Fantasy Football Librarian. I'm starting to hear from you regular readers that have been coming to FFL for years who are making sure that I'm alive and well, and I realized that I need to update you all on my plans for the season. Turns out having 2 kids and a job is kind of a time and energy suck - as many of you know - and I have been thinking a lot about how much of a commitment I can make to you all in terms of the regularity of my posts. Truth is, I have no clue. I debated whether or not to shut this site down for the season but I love football and I love being a resource for you guys. So I'm going to make an attempt for the 2014 season...but I warn you, this may be even more sporadic than in the past. I will do my best though!
Oh and those 2 energy- and time-sucking kiddos? They're awesome. Right now our oldest is almost exclusively wearing football jerseys to preschool (lots of laundry is going on in our house to make that happen) and our youngest has just figured out how to climb up our stairs. I know some of you have been here on this blog since long before my days as a mom - can you all believe that they're turning 4 and 1 soon? I've been blessed with just a remarkable family.
Enough on my boys, here are a few resources to whet your palate for 2014. More to come. Soon.
- Overall rankings for 2014:
- ProFootballFocus.com's 2014 Preseason Rankings (keep in mind that Mike Clay at PFF was the 2013 most accurate expert for his preseason positional rankings)
- DavidGonos.com's 2014 Top 300 Fantasy Football Player Rankings
- Razzball.com's Top 200 Preseason Overall Rankings - note that they have PPR and Half-PPR rankings, too, if needed
- FFToday's QB & RB Rankings - this link should get you to a place where you can easily find all offensive positions, IDP rankings, projections, and cheatsheets
- FakeTeams' 2014 Fantasy Football 100 Version 2.0
- Once again you're not going to want to miss FantasyPro's Draft Wizard - I think the auction league calculator is one of my favorite tools on here but you've got plenty of extremely helpful tools (mock drafts, cheat sheet creators, etc). It just gets better every year.
- Or scope out NFL.com's Draft Kit with mocks, sleepers, bargains, all that good stuff.
- Many of you are trying to settle on a draft date/time right now for your league - give the FF Nerd's Draft Date Picker a try if you need a hand with things. It should make your life much easier, I promise.
- Rotoworld has a Favorite Fliers article which focuses on guys with an ADP of 115 or higher. Or try out SI's list of 20 2014 Fantasy Football Sleepers.
- RotoViz has their Composite Wide Receiver Rankings (August Edition) up for your review, filled with commentary from their rankers.
- IDP information:
- FantasyAlarm.com's 2014 IDP Preseason Report - so far LBs and DLs are up with more to come soon.
- FantasySharks.com's The Most Overvalued IDPs of 2014
- Dynasty League Football has IDP rankings customized for dynasty/keeper leagues: Dynasty and Keeper Rankings for 2014 (bonus, you get their offensive player rankings here, too)
- I always enjoy reading CBSSports.com's Draft Prep series where they give strategies and player suggestions based on each draft position - they start off with Picking no.1 overall and Picking no. 2 overall (videos start immediately).
- 4for4.com gets us thinking about the streaming strategy (plugging in a player off the waiver wire each week) with their QBBWW thoughts - Streaming Quarterbacks: Week 1 Targets.