- Week 15 rankings/projections:
- Razzball.com's Weekly Rankings: Giving in to Pierre Pressure
- The Football Girl's Fitz on Fantasy: Week 15 Rankings
- FantasySharks.com's Player Projections - Week 15
- Athlon Sports' Running Back Rankings: Week 15
- Rotoprofessor.com's Week 15 Rankings: Top 15 Defenses
- Fantasy Knuckleheads' Fantasy Football Rankings Week 15 WR
- Juan Elway's Week 15 QB Rankings
- Week 15 start/sit advice:
- The Fifth Down's Week 15 Matchup Breakdown
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em for Week 15
- FFToolbox.com's Week 15: Sit 'Em or Start 'Em
- CBSSports.com's Week 15 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- DavidGonos.com's Week 15 Start or Sit
- Roto Arcade's Week 15 Lames: Brady won't soak up stats on South Beach and Flames: Crabtree about to light up playoff season
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 15
- LestersLegends.com's Fantasy Football Start/Sit NFL Week 15
- Rotoprofessor's Start 'em or Sit 'em: Week 15
- FootballDocs' Start Sit
- The Fantasy Fix's Week 15 Start/Sit
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, December 12, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
It snowed here in Knoxville overnight - it wasn't much, but it was thick enough on our back porch to allow our 3-year-old son to build a mini snowman, which pretty much made his day. He also took clearing the snow off of our car very seriously, reveled in his ability to make and throw snowballs, and was just very happy with these rare snow activities. So here's to the little things that fill us with happiness. Safe travels to those on the road this week and may you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and bountiful points in fantasy football this week!
- Rankings/projections for Week 13:
- Fantasy Football Nerd's Fantasy Football Rankings for Week 13
- FantasySharks' Player Projections - Week 13
- Bruno Boys' Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings: Running Backs
- FFToday's Week 13 QB & RB Rankings
- FantasyPros.com's Fantasy Football Rankings - Week 13
- Fleaflicker's Player Projections
- Matthew Berry's Week 13 QB rankings
- Start/sit advice for Week 13:
- The Fifth Down's Week 13 Matchup Breakdown
- FFToolbox.com's Week 13: Sit 'Em and Start 'Em
- FantasySharks' Start/Bench - Week 13
- Football Docs' Start Sit Advice NFL Week 13
- Roto Arcade's Week 13 Lames: In Battle of Birds, McCoy to notch fowl numbers and Flames: Rejuvenated Spiller to feast on Dirty Birds
- Other good stuff for Week 13:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
I've got a napping baby on my hands giving me a chance to toss up a few links for your Week 12 lineups. Good luck this week - it'll be a big one in my family with my Broncos facing off against my sister's Patriots!
- Week 12 start/sit links:
- The Fifth Down's Week 12 Matchups
- NFL.com's Start 'em, Sit 'em for Week 12
- CBSSports.com's Week 12 Start 'em and Sit 'em (includes video)
- The Fantasy Fix's Week 12 Start/Sit
- Roto Arcade's Lames: Trusting RGIII a criminal act of first degree and Flames: Mr. Mo-Jo risin'...RISIN', RISIN'!
- Rankings and projections for Week 12:
- The Fake Football's Week 12 Consensus Staff Rankings
- 2MugsFF's Week 12 NFL Rankings
- Bruno Boys' Week 12 Rankings: Wide Receivers
- Fantasy Knuckleheads' Week 12 RB Rankings
- Razzball's Weekly IDP Rankings : Week Twelve
- Athlon Sports' Positional Rankings Week 12
- Fantasy Football Cafe's Week 12 Rankings
- Sleeper thoughts:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, November 21, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Sorry for the hiatus, life has been busy and I've been trying to squeeze in a few hours of work each week, bumping fantasy football a bit. But here we are at Week 12 so let's proceed to this week's waiver wire advice:
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wire: Week 12
- FootballDocs' Waiver Wire NFL Advice Week 12
- FantasySharks.com has both standard and IDP waiver wire suggestions for the week
- AthlonSports.com's 2013 Waiver Wire: Week 12
- 2MugsFF's Pickups and Sweet Streams: An Early Look at the Week 12 Waiver Wire
- NFL.com's Week 12 Fantasy Waiver Wire (slideshow style)
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Monday, November 04, 2013
I hope everyone enjoyed a festive Halloween and is settling into the month of November. We had our kiddos dressed up as a gorilla and a banana, and after a few houses of trick-or-treating, our gorilla boy quickly caught on to the awesomeness of receiving candy with such ease. He even seems to inherently know that the mini boxes of raisins just won't cut it when it comes time to select a treat from his candy bowl.
Now it's time to start thinking about Thanksgiving and, of course, fantasy football playoffs. I was thankful to be part of Tom Brady's return to Bradyness, but less thankful to see my opponent raking in the Andre Johnson points. I will say though that big points from both seemed to be a long time coming.
Here are a few links to whet your waiver wire appetite and get you squared away with Week 9 news:
- Recaps from Week 9:
- Roto Arcade's Sunday Scene, Week 9 : Zac Stacy assaults Titans; Nick Foles chases history
- Razzball.com's Foles Me Once, Shame On You But Foles Me Twice, Well...
- The Football Girl's Monday Musings: Trouble Brewing for Kansas City?
- TheFakeFootball.com's Week 9 Recap: Nick Foles Did What?
- Waiver ideas:
- FantasySharks.com's 10 Names You Should Know is a bit of a Week 9 recap, bit of waiver wire advice all rolled into one.
- Pyromaniac.com's Pickups After Week 9
- FootballDocs.com's Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
- 2MugsFF's Pickups & Hiccups: An Early Look at the Week 10 Waiver Wire
- LestersLegends.com's Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em - NFL Week 10
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Monday, November 04, 2013
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
I've got your Week 9 links up and ready for you to read. Fingers crossed I make it back in time to get you a bunch of start/sit recommendations for the week. Good luck in Week 9!
- Week 9 waiver wire advice:
- IDP Guru's Waiver Wire Pickups: Week 9
- Athlon Sports' Waiver Wire: Week 9
- FantasySharks' Waiver Wire Wonders
- The Hazean's Week 9 Waiver Wire
- FootballDocs' Waiver Wire Advice NFL Week 9
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired
- The Fake Football's Week 9 Waiver Wire
- Week 9 rankings/projections:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Welcome to Week 7 and your installment of start/sit and rankings links. I've got a sleeping 2-week-old baby (woohoo! sleep!) and thought I'd crank out a few links to help you get your lineups set for the week.
- Start/sit advice for Week 7:
- Razzball.com's Week 7 Players to Play/Avoid: Randle On
- Roto Arcade's Week 7 Flames: The resurrection of Brandon Jacobs to continue and Lames: Riddle me this, riddle me that, the Riddler goes splat!
- Roto Experts' Start Nick Foles and Keenan Allen
- Scoreboard Watching's Week 7 Starts
- The Fantasy Fix's Week 7 Start/Sit
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 7
- FootballDocs' Start Sit
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em: Running Backs for Week 7
- FFToolbox.com's Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- Fantasy Football Maniax's Start/Sit - Week 7
- Rankings/projections for Week 7:
- Athlon Sports' Positional Rankings: Week 7
- CBSSports.com's Week 7 Fantasy Football Rankings
- FantasySharks.com's Week 7 Player Projections
- The Fake Football's Week 7 Consensus Rankings
- Bruno Boys' Week 7 Rankings: Running Backs
- Fleaflicker's projected stats for Week 7
- 2MugsFF's Week 7 NFL Rankings
- Footballandbrackets.com looks at matchups for the remainder of the season using the "fantasy points against" concept, and then makes a few predictions at each position - The Matchups Game and Predictions for the Future.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, October 17, 2013
Friday, October 11, 2013
Greetings all. I've got a handful of start/sit links and rankings or projections for you to help prep your fantasy team for Week 6. Read on!
- Start/Sit suggestions:
- Roto Arcade's Week 6 Flames: Bet on black, Henne a good gamble in 'Spread Bowl' and Week 6 Lames: Fitz and Tantrums, no must-start 'stud' at SF
- The Fifth Down's Week 6 Matchup Breakdown
- FFToolbox.com's Week 6: Start 'Em
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 6
- FootballDocs' Fantasy Football Start Sit
- CBSSports.com's Week 6 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em (video starts up right away)
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em: Quarterbacks for Week 6
- Razzball.com's Weekly Rankings: Gronk with Power
- AthlonSports.com' Positional Rankings for Week 6
- Fantasy Alarm's Player Rankings: Week 6
- FantasySharks.com's Player Projections - Week 6
- Other stuff:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Friday, October 11, 2013
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Apologies for the extensive time off in the middle of the season - and this post won't appease very many of you, but I just wanted to let you all know that our son was born last week and I'm taking a bit of time to get settled into our new routine before updating and posting here a whole lot. I'm hoping to get a post up with this weekend's start/sit advice but certainly will have links for you for Week 7.
In the meantime, two good spots to swing by for articles are:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, October 10, 2013
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
I've got a slim window here before this baby arrives and I want to squeeze in a few more links for you guys. Here's to Week 5!
- Waiver wire advice:
- DavidGonos.com's Week 5 Waiver Wire Adds
- The Hazean's Week 5 Waiver Wire
- FantasySharks.com's The Fire Sale - Week 5 from Thomas Casale
- Razzball.com's Jam It or Cram It: Rockin' the Razzball Lounge
- FFToolbox's Week 5: Pickups of the Week
- NotJustAGame's Post-Week Four Waiver Wire Pickups
- AthlonSports.com's 2013 Waiver Wire: Week 5
- Or for the consensus viewpoint, see FantasyPros.com's Waiver Wire Rankings
- On the IDP front, FantasySharks.com's IDP Waiver Wire - Week 5
- Other Week 5 prep:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Tuesday, October 01, 2013
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Things are a little nuts around here with our baby coming soon, trying to get things wrapped up with my job before starting maternity leave, and then last minute news of a family member needing surgery today, so pardon the hastiness of the links below. Let me know if you see anything mis-linked and I'll get it fixed right away.
- Projections and rankings for Week 4:
- ESPN's Week 4 QB rankings (video starts up immediately)
- FantasySharks.com's Player Projections - Week 4
- The Fake Football's Week 4 Consensus Rankings
- FFToday.com's QB & RB Rankings, divided into tiers
- Start/bench suggestions:
- NFL Soup's Start and Sit Calls for Week 4
- Fantasy Football Oasis' Studs and Duds for Week 4
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em for Week 4
- Scoreboard Watching's Fantasy Football Week 4 Starts
- Roto Arcade's Week 4 Flames: Union SMACK! Le'Veon start-worthy in likely start
- Razzball.com's Players to Play/Avoid: Plenty of Broyle-ing Points
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 4
- FFToolbox.com's Week 4: Start 'Em
- Also, SI has a roundtable discussion looking at players to sell high, guys who don't have a rosy 2013 season ahead, and how to handle bye weeks, etc in Roddy White, C.J. Spiller, other slow starters.
- FantasyPros.com has a great look at players seeing a high number of targets this season in Target Watch: Leaders Heading Into Week 4. It has both the top guys from Week 3 and the season overall.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, September 26, 2013
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Greetings again FF lovers - I've got more waiver wire advice and beyond for you all today, so let's jump right in:
- Waiver thoughts for this first bye week:
- NotJustAGame.com's Post Week Three Waiver Wire
- Pyromaniac.com's Pickups & Drops - After Week 3
- DavidGonos.com's Week 4 Waiver Wire Adds
- FantasySharks.com's The Fire Sale - Week 4
- AthlonSports' Fantasy Football 2013 Waiver Wire: Week 4
- Other interesting items:
- FootballandBrackets' Real or No Big Deal takes a look at defensive data this week and focuses on passing defenses.
- If you're looking for some IDP suggestions this week, take a look at FantasySharks.com's IDP Waiver Wire - Week 4
- Sit suggestions are up and ready for you at FFToolbox.com's Week 4: Sit 'Em
- Fleaflicker has projected stats up for Week 4
- Am guessing I find this a great read partially because I'm still loving the Broncos' game last/win last night, but I think FntsyFtbll.com just does a really nice job of unearthing some good Peyton love (sick of it yet?) and interesting game stats from last night's MNF game: Recapping Week 3 MNF: we're all gonna hear a lot more about Peyton Manning.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Monday, September 23, 2013
I remember a day (pre-child) when I used to be able to watch football all Sunday long. It was glorious. But these I'm spending that precious football time convincing a kid that a nap sounds desirable (and oh man, does it ever) and then heading out to fall festivals, birthday parties, puddle jumping, etc. I wouldn't have it any other way (sacrilegious to my old, carefree self I'm sure) but I will readily admit that I am loving a MNF Broncos game so that I can actually watch a good chunk of the game. If only the Broncos played at night every week...
Just a reminder that my due date for kiddo #2 is quickly approaching - next weekend! - and when that little dude arrives, this blog will probably go very, very quiet for several days. I always recommend taking a look at the awesome sites under Fantasy Football Content over on the right side for some of my favorite sites.
Moving on to today's recaps and waiver advice:
- Game recaps for those of you who missed a game or two:
- Roto Arcade's Sunday Scene, Week 3: Welcome back Josh Gordon
- Football Outsiders' Audibles at the Line: Week 3
- The Fake Football's Week 3 Recap: The Not-So-Giants
- Waiver advice for the early birds:
- Bruno Boys' Week 4 Waiver Wire Savior: Running Backs
- FootballDocs' Waiver Wire Advice NFL Week 4
- The Hazean's Week 4 Waiver Wire
- 2MugsFF.com's Pickups & Hiccups: An Early Look at the Week 4 Waiver Wire
- FFToday's Through the Wire
- I know how you all love your rest-of-season advice, so good news. Roto Arcade's Shuffle Up & Deal is back for the season. Scope out rankings for the remainder of the 2013 season for QBs and WRs.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Monday, September 23, 2013
Thursday, September 19, 2013
I've got a ton of links for you all tonight - should pretty much keep you reading straight through till the weekend. Hope you're enjoying the Thursday Night game and the Donnie Avery-fest and Eagles turnover-fest that we've seen in the first half so far.
- Week 3 Start/Bench links:
- JuanElway.com's Week 3 Ride 'em or Hide 'em
- Fantasy Football Maniax's Start/Sit - Week 3
- Not Just a Game's Automatics/Don't Do Its (too bad I have a good number of the "don't do its" on my teams...)
- FFToolbox.com's Week 3: Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- Bruno Boys have their starts and sits up - the links are each for WRs but note that you can navigate to each position pretty easily from there
- CBSSports.com's Week 3 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em (note: includes video)
- RotoExperts' Start Frank Gore, Sit Roddy White
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em for Week 3
- Rankings/projections for Week 3:
- Pyromaniac.com's Player Rankings for Week 3 - link goes to QBs
- Fantasy Football Warehouse's Week 3 Rankings
- Fleaflicker's projected stats for Week 3
- AthlonSports.com's Positional Rankings: Week 3
- 2MugsFF's Week 3 NFL Rankings
- Bruno Boys' Fantasy Football Week 3 Rankings: Running Backs - links to standard scoring but PPR available, too
- Rotoworld's Week 3 Rankings
- FFToday's Week 3 Rankings - a reminder for those of you in leagues with funky scoring, you can create a free login with FFToday and adjust their rankings according to your league's settings
- I know how you guys love your rest-of-the-season rankings, so read on:
- Those in IDP leagues can look no further than IDP Guru's extensive spreadsheet, which will be updated each Thursday throughout the season.
- Or on the offensive side of the ball, footballandbrackets.com has a handy excel spreadsheet under the Rankings for Week 3 Going Forward link (both standard and PPR, different tabs).
- Finally, I do enjoy Dynasty League Football's Herding Stats - Week Two - this week they look at guys whose stats for the first two weeks could prime them for a solid Week 3 match-up.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, September 19, 2013
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Happy middle of the week, my favorite FFers. I've got a slew of advice for you from waivers to start/bench advice, so let's get after it:
- Waiver advice:
- AthlonSports.com's Waiver Wire: Week 3
- Razzball.com's Jam it or Cram it: Starks Raving Mad
- FantasySharks.com's Waiver Wire Wonders - Week 3
- FantasyFootballFools.com's Week 3 Pickups: Eddie Royal takes the crown
- Roto Arcade's No Joique, Bell will have owners cheering
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired: Week 3
- Those of you in 14+ team leagues might appreciate ProFootballFocus' Offensive Deep League Gems - Week 3
- Or scope out some rankings for the week here:
- FFToolbox.com's Week 3 Who to Start Rankings/Projections
- KFFL.com's Rankings: QB - Week 3
- NFL.com's Player Rankings for Week 3 - link goes to QBs
- Or of course, FantasyPros.com's consensus QB rankings - Week 3
- And even a few start/bench articles up already:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013
Well, I've got a successful 3rd birthday party under my belt now, but sadly I only caught about 2 minutes of the Broncos game since there was just too much other birthday party hosting stuff going on. You better believe it was next to impossible to convince our son that preschool was going to be a fun option today...compared to a birthday party yesterday with all his besties, a big pile of dirt, sand, and trucks everywhere? Negatory, good buddy. It was a bit of a struggle to get out the door today.
Hopefully your fantasy team however is not struggling and you managed to avoid the injury bug going around. But if you're looking for some additions to your squad, though, look no further...
- First up, a few recaps of yesterday's games in case you were at a kiddo birthday party or otherwise enjoying your non-football life:
- Razzball.com's Sit and Drink Eddie Royal Tea
- Roto Arcade's Sunday Scene, Week 2: Mike McCoy fixes Philip Rivers, unleashes Eddie Royal
- FantasySharks.com's game summaries - In the Spotlight - Week 2 in review
- ESPN's Fantasy Football Focus podcast has a slew of injury updates from Stephania Bell
- Or scope out Rotoworld's Injury Roundup: Week 2
- Onto the first waiver wire articles of the week:
- Pyromaniac.com's Pickups & Drops - Week 2
- The Hazean's Waiver Wire, Week 3: Step Right Up (Again), James Starks
- Bruno Boys' Week 3 Waiver Wire Savior: Running Backs
- NotJustaGame.com's Post Week Two Waiver Wire Pickups
- FantasyFootballManiax.com's Waiver Wire - Week 3
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Monday, September 16, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
I'm completely stuck on the Weather Channel, twitter, and all the news coming out of Boulder regarding their current historic flooding - I believe they've gotten about half of their annual rainfall in a mere 24 hours. For recent readers, a little background - my husband and I lived in Boulder for 6 years and have many friends in the area so I'm feeling my heart strings tugged on this one. Thinking of you all in and around Boulder and sending dry, safe thoughts.
Football carries on tonight with the Pats and Jets and plenty of lineup advice:
- Start/sit links:
- CBSSports.com's Week 2 Start 'em and Sit 'em
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em for Week 2
- FFToolbox.com's Week 2: Start 'Em and Week 2: Start 'Em
- Roto Arcade's Week 2 Lames: Russell extremely risky versus San Fran and Flames: Don't drop the ball, start Edelman
- Rotoprofessor's Start 'Em or Sit 'Em: Week 2
- Juan Elway's Week 2 Ride 'em or Hide 'em
- Scoreboard Watching has some bounce back candidates and under the radar players in Best Week 2 Scenarios
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 2
- Rotoworld's Week 2 Rankings
- FFToday has both player rankings and projections for Week 2
- FantasySharks.com's Player Projections - Week 2
- AthlonSports' 2013 Running Back Rankings: Week 2
- Other highlights:
- FantasyPros.com have expanded and built upon their My Playbook product - you can import one team for free and monkey around with that team using all sorts of awesome tools. Highly recommended.
- FFToday's Strength of Schedule chart has always been a go-to spot for me for extra information to help in tight decisions for the flex spot, etc. Granted I think this tool becomes more powerful after we've had at least 3 weeks of game data, but it's something to keep an eye on.
- Read up on Draft Calc's mishmash of sleepers, buy-low candidates and projections for Week 2 in Start Bench Advice.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, September 12, 2013
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Our son turns three in a few weeks and this weekend we're throwing him a birthday party just to make sure he gets a party in before his baby brother makes an appearance (who wants to put money on them sharing a birth date? Due date and birthday are just 2 days apart...). There will be dirt, sand, trucks, and the Broncos game going on in the background. What could be better?
Today's links are full of helpful tips from our favorite experts:
- The waiver wire article train rolls on:
- DavidGonos.com's Week 2 Waiver Wire Adds
- FantasyPros.com's Waiver Wire Rankings (Week 2): Julius Thomas Rises Up
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired: Week 2
- CBSSports.com's Playing the Waiver Wire for Week 2
- NFL.com's Julius Thomas leads Week 2 waiver wire options
- FantasyKnucklehead's Julian Edelman Week 2 Waiver Wire Pickup of the Week
- PFF Fantasy's Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 2
- FantasySharks.com's The Fire Sale - Week 2
- For those in IDP leagues, read on...
- Rankings for Week 2:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Monday, September 09, 2013
Greetings and I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed the bulk of Week 1 action yesterday. Glorious. I say that mostly since I'm still basking in the great Denver victory from Thursday night, but like many of you, I had some great fantasy successes and a few busts for the week. There's much to be clarified and resolved before you do anything crazy and start dropping folks that you were counting on week in, week out (my sister is currently in a Cam Newton and Lamar Miller panic), so hang in there and read up on some of the advice below.
- For starters, if you need some game recaps or just want the fantasy highlights from the week, here are some gems:
- Roto Arcade's Sunday Scene, Week 1: Shane Vereen prepared to take what Stevan Ridley fumbles away. Also includes a handful of waiver suggestions at the end.
- This is for those who truly relish some play-by-play commentary - Football Outsiders' Audibles at the Line: Week 1
- The Fake Football's Week 1 Recap: Welcome to the Dog house
- Waiver wire advice is already at your beck and call:
- FootballDocs.com's Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice NFL Week 2
- The Hazean cautions that there likely isn't a waiver wire wonder out there yet but gives some ideas on who you might want to target this week if in need - Waiver Wire Week 1: Buyer Beware.
- Pyromaniacs' Pickups & Drops - Week 1
- 2MugsFF's Pickups & Hiccups: An Early Look at the Waiver Wire (with the SNF recap) - I actually really like the organization of this list with dudes you'll definitely want, dudes who you should expect to rebound, and dudes you just shouldn't take no matter how tempting.
- FantasySharks.com's 10 Names You Should Know - Week 2 isn't a straight up waiver list but has helpful advice on players you might be thinking about.
- LestersLegends.com's Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em - Week 2
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Monday, September 09, 2013
Thursday, September 05, 2013
Oh you all know how excited I am about tonight's game. Start of the season AND a Broncos game? Pure awesomeness. We sent our son to preschool happily wearing his Broncos socks (he yelled "football!" as he picked them out; my heart soared) and his Peyton Manning jersey. Might have been overkill but whatever, first day of the season comes but once a year.
I've got a bit of a link dump today. Read on for lots of start/sit advice and rankings:
- An explosion of start/bench advice for Week 1:
- Fifth Down's Week 1 in Fantasy Football: Matchup Breakdown
- RotoArcade's Week 1 Flames: Villianized Flacco to flourish once again in Denver
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 1
- CBSSports.com's Week 1 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- FootballDocs' Start Sit Advice NFL Week 1
- numberFire's Start or Sit: Week 1
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em for Week 1
- Week 1 rankings continue:
- LestersLegends.com's WR Rankings Week 1
- TheFakeFootball's staff consensus rankings for Week 1
- Pyromaniac.com's Running Back Player Rankings - Week 1
- CBSSports.com's Week 1 Fantasy Football Rankings
- JuanElway's Week 1 RB Rankings (standard)
- USA Today's Week 1 fantasy football value meter
- ESPN's Week 1 Rankings (note: video starts up immediately)
- Something else to try? FantasyAlarm.com's Lineup Optimizer app - I haven't used it myself yet but it seems kind of cool and certainly has some cred behind it as it won the 2013 Fantasy Sports Trade Association's "Best Mobile App" award.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, September 05, 2013
Tuesday, September 03, 2013
Well we're just a few days away from the start of the season (go Broncos!) and I know you all have been patient with my sporadic posting this summer. Recently I've had family in town, a sick kiddo, and I had forgotten just how many doc appointments are scheduled in the final weeks of pregnancy (just a few weeks to go! maybe! or maybe not!). I think I've been shamefully unprepared for my own drafts with my lack of research lately, but I'm here to make amends and get you set for Week 1.
- Waiver wire articles - it may be early in the season for waiver moves, but read em nonetheless, I say, since many of them give good insight into widely available players:
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired
- FantasySharks.com's Waiver Wire Wonders - Week 1
- SI's Waiver wire: Consider these early pickups
- Moving on to Week 1 rankings and projections:
- The Football Girl's Fitz on Fantasy: Week One Rankings
- Fantasy Football Nerd's Fantasy Football Rankings Week 1
- Fleaflicker's Projected Stats for Week 1
- Bruno Boys' Week 1 Rankings: Quarterbacks
- FFToolbox.com's Week #1's Who to Start Rankings/Projections
- Rotoprofessor's Week 1 Rankings: Top 40 Running Backs
- NFL.com's Week 1 Player Rankings
- And even a start/bench or two:
- GridironExperts.com's High/Low: Week 1
- DraftCalc calls this their Start/Bench but it's really more of a hodge podge of helpful suggestions on sleepers, a kind of limited who-to-start for specific scenarios, and weekly projections.
- FFToolbox.com's Week 1: Sit 'Em
- Here's a new site for you all from a writer that I used to link to years ago. Bonus? He's a fellow Broncos fan. Scope out FntsyFtbll.com's Week 1 Fantasy Football previews, booms, and waiver for all 16 games.
- I'll wrap things up with a little something for those of you who are doing the streaming D route with some advice for the next few weeks from The Fake Football - Dreaming of Streaming: A Three-Week Plan.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Tuesday, September 03, 2013
Thursday, August 22, 2013
It's a busy week in the FFLibrarian household. Last night we went to the University of Tennessee's football team Welcome Back BBQ, which is a chance for fans to meet and greet with some football players and get excited for the season. We thought our son would love it and he did, but had an unexpected fear of the giant Smokey the Dog mascot...turns out humans dressed as creatures might not be his thing. For now. And tonight we've got about 30 people from my husband's department at the university coming to our house for dinner to celebrate the start of the academic year. I've spent some time trying to hide our usual level of chaos, cat fur, and toys, so I haven't had quite as much time to blog between our various events this week; but I'm back now, baby!
Before I get to today's links, let's talk about Yahoo and Buffalo Wild Wings getting together to create a National Draft Day. Kind of love the idea. A few years ago I won a BWW-sponsored league and they sent me to the Super Bowl, so I basically have great love for BWW for eternity. But how can I not love a place that wants to establish a national fantasy football holiday?! Head on over to your local BWW to host your draft party this Saturday, 8/24, and get a free draft kit. If you're in Dallas or Minneapolis, you're in luck since Brad Evans and Andy Behrens will be on-site at a BWW in those cities to give draft advice in person.
- Some preseason week 2 analysis continues:
- FantasySharks.com's 10 Names You Need to Know From Week 2 of the Preseason, for better or for worse
- Not fantasy-focused but a holistic look at each team's progress through 2 games of the preseason: PFF's 32 Observations: Preseason Week 2
- If you're a long-time reader, you probably know what great respect I have for Football Outsiders - here I love their look at how their KUBIAK rankings compare to ADP to determine which players they believe are going too high: 2013 KUBIAK vs ADP: The Overrated.
- I find Thomas Casale to be a highly entertaining and informative fantasy expert so of course I'm sending you on over to his Fire Sale: 2013 Breakout Players column with FantasySharks.com. Find out which 7 guys he's excited about as the top sleeper/breakout candidates of the season.
- Or on the flip side, see Rotoworld's The Shy-Away Top 40 for a list of dudes you might want to avoid.
- CBSSports.com's Dave Richard has recently wrapped up a pick-by-pick look at each draft spot in a 12-team league - here's a link to the number 11 pick, but you can get to each pick from this link, too.
- FFToday.com's player projections are ready to roll and keep in mind that they are completely customizable with free registration.
- Roto Arcade's weekly roundtable Over/Under talk - Foster fears gripping Fantasyland
- Catalog this one under Things to Keep an Eye On as the future of NFL Sunday Ticket (going Google?!) is discussed.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, August 22, 2013
Monday, August 19, 2013
Hope you all found some time in your weekend to watch a little preseason action, but if not, you've come to the right place. I've got several recaps for you and a handful of drafting advice.
Speaking of drafts, many of you know that I run a big, 72-team, 6 conference FFLibrarian Monster League made up of FFLibrarian readers. Two of the conferences (conf 5 and 6) are conducting slow, e-mail drafts and the results of their drafts are unfolding here.
- Week 2 of the preseason and evolving news is reviewed here:
- 2MugsFF's Beer Goggle and Bombshells: Your Weekly Fantasy Stock Report
- FFToolbox.com's Preseason Battles: Week 2
- JuanElway.com's The Fantasy Elevator: Week Two of the Preseason
- Razzball's Preseason-palooza: Attack of the Keller Knees
- Rankings time:
- Big Lead Sports gives us their top 150 overall rankings with auction values included - Top 150 Fantasy Football Rankings.
- The Tip Drill's 2013 Fantasy Football Rankings: Running Backs looks at the top 60 rankings with a fairly substantial write-up for most players.
- Guys to consider in your draft thoughts:
- The Sports Network zeroes in on a few Mid-round receivers to target
- TheFakeFootball's Finding Value in the Late Rounds
- NFL.com's Going Deep: Fantasy garbage men can clean up - think dudes on losing teams that need to make up ground with big yardage
- For the IDP crowd, give some thought to FF Oasis' suggestions on 5 Cornerbacks You Need on Your Fantasy Team
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Monday, August 19, 2013
Thursday, August 15, 2013
I've heard from a whole bunch of you that would really rather that I keep creating my annual Average Position Rankings spreadsheet, so I'm going to do what I can to pull it together in the next few days. I'll get it rolling in a Google doc (there's nothing in there yet, so be patient) and feel free to check in on it as I populate it. I'll send out a post once it's complete and color-coded in an array of pleasing shades. Update: I have an initial version up for those with drafts this weekend. I'll add positions, bye weeks, a within position ranking, and color code it over the next few days. Will put it up in excel on dropbox, too. Stay tuned.
On to today's links:
- Roto Arcade has their Position Primer up for QBs - Unprecedented depth at QB sparks intriguing draft strategy - and they explore the notion of drafting in the QBBC mindset. Included is a Yahoo fantasy brainiac roundtable and their QB tiers.
- Let's keep rolling with the roundtable thing. I really do love getting multiple opinions on one topic and I've got a few gems for you:
- TheFakeFootball's Fake Football, Real Questions is Seattle-heavy with talk of both Russell Wilson and Golden Tate, but also Eddie Lacy and Aaron Dobson.
- SI's 2-man roundtable looks at Jamaal Charles, Michael Vick, and other general draft questions.
- GridironExperts.com's Fantasy High 5: Sleepers, Busts & Strategies
- As for auction drafts, take a look at SI's advice and get back to basics in Fantasy football auction strategies: Understanding the basics.
- Along the same strategy/advice vein, last year's unofficial winner of the FFLibrarian accuracy contest, Micah James of FFMagicMan, was chatting on Deadspin yesterday with general draft advice as well as answering specific questions: Ask 2012's Most Accurate Fantasy Football Guy How to Improve Your Draft. Considering he was the most spot-on expert I've had the pleasure of ranking, I'd take a look at what he's seeing ahead for 2013.
- FantasySports.org now has their fifth installment of Free Fantasy Football Draft Tools up. If you haven't been scoping out this series, you'll want to start at the beginning to see what freebie tools might just tickle your fancy. Seriously this is quality stuff, a lot of which we've linked to before, but plenty of which is new or worth a refresher.
- From kickers to Adrian Peterson, find out which dudes are the 21 riskiest players in fantasy football drafts from KFFL.com.
- DavidGonos.com provides us with a hefty 195 Player Overall list for those in IDP leagues (rankings are also divided into LB, DL, and DB individually) - 2013 IDP Rankings for Fantasy Football Leagues. Personally, I think the advice to "fill your lineup with guys who consistently record tackles" is superb.
- Finally, if you're really into the preseason (and why wouldn't you be?!), see what ProFootballRosters.com has pulled together in Fantasy Preview: Preseason Week 2 for a positional rundown of guys to keep an eye on this weekend.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, August 15, 2013
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
I just spent the weekend with family in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, which is kind of a fascinating meld of hardcore hiking enthusiasts and those who can't get enough of Ripley's Believe it or Not. And fudge shops. Oh the plethora of fudge shops was impressive...only to be outdone by the number of pancake restaurants. It was great to have a respite from the normal world (not great cell reception most of the time) and fun to go on some slow hikes with our son in the Smokies. Let's just say that an almost-3-year-old and a very pregnant lady don't move very quickly...
So now that week 1 of the preseason is in the books, seems like the analysis can truly begin! Here are a few helpful links for the start of the week:
- Preseason week 1 recaps:
- The Huddle's Targets, Touches Throws: Pre-season Week 1
- Juan Elway's The Fantasy Elevator: 1st Week of Preseason (whose value is going up or down)
- Some interesting stuff here from Championship Fantasy Football - they've put together a free draft day spreadsheet tool based on VBD (value based drafting) fueled by projections from ESPN, NFL.com and CBSSports.com. Lots of customization available here. You can view their video on how to use their VBD tool first if you want to see what it's all about first.
- I'm a big fan of Pat Fitzmaurice who has moved to The Football Girl (might remember him from ProFootballWeekly) and is now posting his fantasy wisdom there at Fitz on Fantasy. For those looking to tweak their game a bit, check out his recent article on draft strategy: Drafting Tactics from a Bird's-Eye Perspective.
- RealTime Fantasy Sports has a free draft guide up and available - rankings, sleepers, busts, IDP, team outlooks, all that good stuff can be found here.
- Another great pit stop in your draft prep is Fantasy Football Nerd who has been compiling consensus rankings for years, pulling from 27 experts this year. Note that only the top players are available for free, otherwise premium membership is required for their other tiers, rankings, projections, and Draft Buddy tool.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Thursday, August 08, 2013
- Let the trumpets sound, FantasyPros.com has their multi-year report out on their accuracy studies. They list the Best Fantasy Football Experts both from a draft perspective and an in-season perspective. As expected, it's awesome. It does shame me into trying to get my multi-year report out ASAP, too, but there's a lot going on in the FF world my friends, so hang tight. It is coming. Eventually.
- Footballguys.com is another one of my very favorite FF sites and they have some content for free - get it while you can, I say. Or just subscribe. At the very least, get off your tuckus and get on their daily email list. You'll be quite pleased you did. Anyway, back to the free stuff. They are offering their first installment of Training Camp Reports for free - they go team-by-team, position-by-position, and give you the latest and greatest scoop. I love it.
- There isn't much love for team DSTs on draft day but most leagues require that we draft one, so get some defensive knowledge from The Huddle's Team Defense Fantasy Review & Ratings.
- Take a look at Fighting Chance Fantasy's QB rankings (top 30) when you get a chance - a solid paragraph on each player is a nice touch. Fighting Chance went dark for awhile but they're back this season and worth a look.
- Finally, FFToolbox.com's Slipping studs: Which 2012 heroes could drop in '13? is good food for thought and gives you an idea of some dudes that (perhaps justly, perhaps not) will slip a few rounds during your draft.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, August 08, 2013
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
It has been a busy week at FFLibrarian so I've recruited my friend, Matt Schauf, whom I met several years ago at a Fantasy Sports Trade Association (FSTA) meeting, to do a guest post on here on IDPs. Matt writes for DraftSharks.com now and he's basically my favorite IDP writer plus just a smart cookie, so if you're in an IDP league and looking for IDPers that may well outperform their draft position, read up. Much of DraftSharks.com's content is behind a paywall so consider this your lucky break if you're a DSharks fan.
I'll be back tomorrow with some really excellent links for the week - seriously, I'm already pretty excited about some of the links I have lined up for you.
Ward among fantasy's top 10 DBs.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Monday, August 05, 2013
Greetings all. It's that time of year when I open the invitation to the 2013 FFLibrarian Monster League, hosted by MyFantasyLeague.com. It's a 72-team, 6-conference league with one final winner (kudos to Jeff, owner of The Immaculate Collection, who won the title in 2013). It's kind of awesome to have such a big group of enthusiastic owners all in one space and I highly recommend it if you have the time/space in your fantasy world to join us. If you're interested in playing in this league, e-mail me immediately with your team name and e-mail address. Please also let me know if you'd prefer a live draft or a slow, e-mail draft; I'll do my best to accommodate. Once all the spots in the league have been taken (and that will happen very quickly), I will update this post. All spots are taken, e-mail for wait list only. Thanks!
Looking forward to a great season ahead!
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Monday, August 05, 2013
Thursday, August 01, 2013
Happy August, friends. Things are brewing over here...the FFLibrarian Monster League (72 teams, 6 conferences) is starting to be put into motion again so if you're interested in playing in the league this year, stay tuned for more info on how/when you can get on the waiting list.
- Jay Clemons over at Fox Sports South has an iPhone-friendly cheat sheet for 2013 season available for those of us interested in multi-tasking our draft with as many devices as possible.
- The top-notch minds over at Rotoarcade answer a bunch of burning WR questions in Position Primer: Vincent Jackson, others, characterize WR inconsistency. Read up on where to grab Megatron, the lovefest for Danny Amendola, and some bargain grabs you might want to think about on draft day.
- For a similar smorgasbord, read Casale's Fire Sale: QB and RB Breakdowns over on FantasySharks.com. I always enjoy his Fire Sale articles and in this one he promotes The Machine (not free, I should note), a new drafting tool from FantasySharks.com and Advanced Sports Logic. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about an in-draft advisor that "tells you who to pick"; does it totally throw your train of thought? Do you swoon over it and then overly rely upon it and chuck your intuition out the door? Or is it loveable for a good reason?
- In search of a list of dudes to avoid? Find that kind of deal over on the Times' Fifth Down: Players to Avoid, Quarterbacks and Running Backs.
- Razzball.com's Auction Draft Values, 2013 Fantasy Football are up and use a $200 budget, 12-team setup.
- If you're in a 2-QB league, you might find the results of CBSSports.com's recent 2-QB league mock draft of interest: 2013 Draft Prep: Two-QB Mock Draft.
- Rankings fest:
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Thursday, August 01, 2013
Monday, July 29, 2013
This is a glorious summer day in Tennessee. I work from home and am actually able to sit out on our back porch right now, gazing out at the massive jungle of kudzu that invades our property every summer. Somehow we're already past the amount of rainfall we normally have all year, so it feels pretty incredible to be outside in the middle of the day without rain or heat. Hats off to you, Mother Nature.
Weather aside, all is going well in the FFLibrarian household as we prepare for baby boy #2 to arrive in about 2 months. I may repeat that news a few times just to make sure you all know that I'll probably disappear for a week or two this fall after the little guy is born. I'll pull together a list of my favorite sites and news spots for you all sometime in September so that you can refer to that while I'm away from the blog.
Speaking of things to expect, I will be compiling my annual average rankings spreadsheet where I pull together an average top 100 players ranking based off of 10 or so of my go-to sites. Expect that sometime around August 10-15 or so.
Now onto today's links:
- Let's start with the big guns: FantasyPros.com's Draft Wizard. You may remember the awesome tools they've created in the past and this year is no different, except that their Draft Simulator (for whipping out mock drafts) is actually completely free, and you guys know how I love to promote free content (full disclosure: I'm part of their affiliate program so I get a kickback if you subscribe to any of their pay content). I remain pretty partial to their Cheat Sheet Creator, but a lot of their content is just plain awesome.
- Not-so-splashy dudes to keep an eye on as draft day approaches from FantasySharks.com's The Players that Nobody's Talking About.
- Whether you're new to fantasy football or just need a new outlook, take a look at 2MugsFF.com's A Simple Plan (2013): One Man's Fantasy Strategy including draft strategy tips but also player suggestions...all wrapped up in an entertaining read.
- On the strategy train, if you've missed the IDP Strategy series from FantasySharks.com, then head over here for the recap. Great for beginners to the IDP scene in particular.
- If you're in a PPR league, here are two articles you might find helpful:
- Take a look at FFToolbox's PPR Preview for 5 guys that they think will increase their receptions this year.
- The Fake Football's 2013 PPR Drafting Tiers
- Also from FFToolbox is a helpful chart that outlines the top 40 RBs for Weeks 12-17 based on average fantasy points to help you figure out which guys were the Strong Finishers. Note that their final positional ranking for the season is also included, which is nice to include for comparison.
- KFFL.com offers us their list of Fantasy football busts and overvalued players at each position including kickers and defenses.
- With all of the interesting stories that have evolved this summer in the TE realm, I am kind of intrigued with how the position will be drafted (and play out) this season. CBSSports.com has their Tight end tiers and strategies as a good starting point for draft prep time.
- Or you could go the streaming TE route and play available TEs with favorable matchups, as described by Rotoworld in The Viability of TE Streaming.
- More tiers, this time RBs to think about in the first round from LestersLegends.com: Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings by Tier: The Elite.
- I don't know about you all, but when a site updates their rankings, I like to know why a player moved up/down the list. FFToday's Projections & Rankings Update does just that and then links over to their beefy cheatsheet page.
Posted by Fantasy Football Librarian at Monday, July 29, 2013