I've heard from a whole bunch of you that would really rather that I keep creating my annual Average Position Rankings spreadsheet, so I'm going to do what I can to pull it together in the next few days. I'll get it rolling in a Google doc (there's nothing in there yet, so be patient) and feel free to check in on it as I populate it. I'll send out a post once it's complete and color-coded in an array of pleasing shades. Update: I have an initial version up for those with drafts this weekend. I'll add positions, bye weeks, a within position ranking, and color code it over the next few days. Will put it up in excel on dropbox, too. Stay tuned.
On to today's links:
- Roto Arcade has their Position Primer up for QBs - Unprecedented depth at QB sparks intriguing draft strategy - and they explore the notion of drafting in the QBBC mindset. Included is a Yahoo fantasy brainiac roundtable and their QB tiers.
- Let's keep rolling with the roundtable thing. I really do love getting multiple opinions on one topic and I've got a few gems for you:
- TheFakeFootball's Fake Football, Real Questions is Seattle-heavy with talk of both Russell Wilson and Golden Tate, but also Eddie Lacy and Aaron Dobson.
- SI's 2-man roundtable looks at Jamaal Charles, Michael Vick, and other general draft questions.
- GridironExperts.com's Fantasy High 5: Sleepers, Busts & Strategies
- As for auction drafts, take a look at SI's advice and get back to basics in Fantasy football auction strategies: Understanding the basics.
- Along the same strategy/advice vein, last year's unofficial winner of the FFLibrarian accuracy contest, Micah James of FFMagicMan, was chatting on Deadspin yesterday with general draft advice as well as answering specific questions: Ask 2012's Most Accurate Fantasy Football Guy How to Improve Your Draft. Considering he was the most spot-on expert I've had the pleasure of ranking, I'd take a look at what he's seeing ahead for 2013.
- FantasySports.org now has their fifth installment of Free Fantasy Football Draft Tools up. If you haven't been scoping out this series, you'll want to start at the beginning to see what freebie tools might just tickle your fancy. Seriously this is quality stuff, a lot of which we've linked to before, but plenty of which is new or worth a refresher.
- From kickers to Adrian Peterson, find out which dudes are the 21 riskiest players in fantasy football drafts from KFFL.com.
- DavidGonos.com provides us with a hefty 195 Player Overall list for those in IDP leagues (rankings are also divided into LB, DL, and DB individually) - 2013 IDP Rankings for Fantasy Football Leagues. Personally, I think the advice to "fill your lineup with guys who consistently record tackles" is superb.
- Finally, if you're really into the preseason (and why wouldn't you be?!), see what ProFootballRosters.com has pulled together in Fantasy Preview: Preseason Week 2 for a positional rundown of guys to keep an eye on this weekend.