I just spent the weekend with family in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, which is kind of a fascinating meld of hardcore hiking enthusiasts and those who can't get enough of Ripley's Believe it or Not. And fudge shops. Oh the plethora of fudge shops was impressive...only to be outdone by the number of pancake restaurants. It was great to have a respite from the normal world (not great cell reception most of the time) and fun to go on some slow hikes with our son in the Smokies. Let's just say that an almost-3-year-old and a very pregnant lady don't move very quickly...
So now that week 1 of the preseason is in the books, seems like the analysis can truly begin! Here are a few helpful links for the start of the week:
- Preseason week 1 recaps:
- The Huddle's Targets, Touches Throws: Pre-season Week 1
- Juan Elway's The Fantasy Elevator: 1st Week of Preseason (whose value is going up or down)
- Some interesting stuff here from Championship Fantasy Football - they've put together a free draft day spreadsheet tool based on VBD (value based drafting) fueled by projections from ESPN, NFL.com and CBSSports.com. Lots of customization available here. You can view their video on how to use their VBD tool first if you want to see what it's all about first.
- I'm a big fan of Pat Fitzmaurice who has moved to The Football Girl (might remember him from ProFootballWeekly) and is now posting his fantasy wisdom there at Fitz on Fantasy. For those looking to tweak their game a bit, check out his recent article on draft strategy: Drafting Tactics from a Bird's-Eye Perspective.
- RealTime Fantasy Sports has a free draft guide up and available - rankings, sleepers, busts, IDP, team outlooks, all that good stuff can be found here.
- Another great pit stop in your draft prep is Fantasy Football Nerd who has been compiling consensus rankings for years, pulling from 27 experts this year. Note that only the top players are available for free, otherwise premium membership is required for their other tiers, rankings, projections, and Draft Buddy tool.