Greetings and I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed the bulk of Week 1 action yesterday. Glorious. I say that mostly since I'm still basking in the great Denver victory from Thursday night, but like many of you, I had some great fantasy successes and a few busts for the week. There's much to be clarified and resolved before you do anything crazy and start dropping folks that you were counting on week in, week out (my sister is currently in a Cam Newton and Lamar Miller panic), so hang in there and read up on some of the advice below.
- For starters, if you need some game recaps or just want the fantasy highlights from the week, here are some gems:
- Roto Arcade's Sunday Scene, Week 1: Shane Vereen prepared to take what Stevan Ridley fumbles away. Also includes a handful of waiver suggestions at the end.
- This is for those who truly relish some play-by-play commentary - Football Outsiders' Audibles at the Line: Week 1
- The Fake Football's Week 1 Recap: Welcome to the Dog house
- Waiver wire advice is already at your beck and call:
- FootballDocs.com's Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Advice NFL Week 2
- The Hazean cautions that there likely isn't a waiver wire wonder out there yet but gives some ideas on who you might want to target this week if in need - Waiver Wire Week 1: Buyer Beware.
- Pyromaniacs' Pickups & Drops - Week 1
- 2MugsFF's Pickups & Hiccups: An Early Look at the Waiver Wire (with the SNF recap) - I actually really like the organization of this list with dudes you'll definitely want, dudes who you should expect to rebound, and dudes you just shouldn't take no matter how tempting.
- FantasySharks.com's 10 Names You Should Know - Week 2 isn't a straight up waiver list but has helpful advice on players you might be thinking about.
- LestersLegends.com's Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em - Week 2