Okay, let's just act like I haven't been missing in fantasy action for a few months now. I don't know about you all, but things have been happening in our world that have kept my mind off fantasy football: we've had to dig up our backyard to replace our lateral sewer pipes; we went on an awesome family vacation to the beach; our toddler is becoming a little person and desperately wants to be just like his older brother; and our older son is testing my patience with the number of times he can either say the word "poopy" in one sentence or he tells us tales of terribly destructive things happening to people (seriously where does he learn to gleefully say things like, "and then a brick flew right through his eyeball and his head popped off!"). I promise he's also incredibly sweet and kind and brilliant as well.
But life has been moving on as it's prone to do and I've let fantasy football slip to the back of my agenda. Here's my attempt to get things going again. And for those of you in the FFLibrarian Monster League, check your email in the next few days for an e-mail from me about participating again in 2015.
Now time for some draft prep you don't want to miss:
- FantasyPros' Draft Wizard - good stuff here. Mock away, then analyze those mocks (or a real draft!), or import cheatsheets, create auction values based on your league's scoring, etc. And make sure you scope out their bread and butter: consensus rankings from the top fantasy football experts.
- Take a look at some injuries currently plaguing key players as we go into Training Camp at The Huddle's Injury Report: Pre-Training Camp.
- Rankings links (remember this are bound to change as the summer progresses):
- Razzball.coms Top 200 Rankings
- The Fake Football's 2015 Preseason Rankings
- CBSSports.com's bevy of player rankings both positional and overall, including PPR.
- FFToday's Rankings (includes IDPs!) - login to customize them to your scoring system
- Set up your personalized cheatsheets with numberFire here (all their content requires free registration).
- FFToolbox's Free fantasy football cheatsheets
- Rotoballer.com's Preseason fantasy football rankings
- Sleeper thoughts:
- Whether you're looking at the QB streaming option or just don't think the top QBs are worth their current ADP, see what The Fake Football has put together in Fantasy Equity Scores: Top 10 QBs in the Late Rounds. Then compare to Fantasy Knucklehead's Late-Round Quarterback Steals.
- Feeling a bit risk adverse? See who Yahoo's First Down thinks are safe bets this year in Luck, Lynch, Brown among fantasy's safest players to draft this season.
- New to the auction draft scene or just need a refresher? Gridiron Expert's Auction Draft Strategy: 10 Tips to Dominate is a solid intro.
- FantasyFootballNerd.com offers us 7 Fantasy Football Bounce-Back Players for 2015. I've always had a soft spot for Frank Gore so nice to see he isn't completely fantasy irrelevant yet.
- Accuracy assessment! You long timers all know this is near and dear to my heart, so go check out what FantasyPros pulled together for 2014's most accurate experts.