Hellllllooooo! It has been nearly 6 months since I last posted. Let's get that out of the way since I know that is a new record. I hope this finds you all well and relishing the approaching football season. All is just fine in my world with a 5.5 year old that is obsessed with
playing and watching any and every sport (currently completely into
baseball), and a 2.5 year old that is tyrannical and also somehow
completely adorable, as most are.
Okay, cold hard truth time, my friends: my heart hasn't been in this blog for awhile now. Surprised? Didn't think so. But the thing is, I can't quite seem to completely walk away and call it done. I have loved this blog, it has brought me so much enjoyment, made enough money to cover an extensive coffee habit, and I've met some incredible people. And learned a hell of a lot about fantasy football along the way.
So here we are at the precipice of another fantasy football season and I feel the itch to blog again - but as you have probably figured out, my energy and enthusiasm for it seems to wane as the season continues. I don't want to let you all down mid-season so here's what I need to know from you - even if I just post once a week, is that still valuable for you all? Should I keep this train going? Or call it quits?
Mull that over while you read some post-NFL draft links and previews of the season:
- If you are curious about any of the picks from this draft (or any others back to 2000), look no further than FFToday's NFL Draft Tracker.
- Let's look at what all went down at the NFL draft from a fantasy viewpoint:
- Matthew Berry's Love/Hate for 2016 NFL Draft: Big win for Elliott, tough spot for Goff
- FantasyPros' Best & Worst Draft Picks from a Fantasy Perspective
- PFF's 16 best picks in the 2016 NFL Draft
- How about a look at some rookies who might just surprise us this season? Take a look at USAToday's 8 unheralded NFL draft picks who may have a fantasy football impact in 2016.
- Want to digest this all podcast-style? SoCalledFantasyExperts.com has their 2016 Draft Winners-Losers up for your enjoyment.
- NFL.com takes a look at Veteran Winners and Losers now that the draft is in the books.
- For more on veterans who are looking at a different outlook for the season post-draft, see RotoViz's 6 Running Backs Whose Dynasty Value Changed Post-Draft.
- Mock drafts in May! Love em! Precisely because it is ridiculously early! Plus, nothing but love for the Roto Arcade dudes, so lets take a peek at how their mock is coming along - jump in to their Fantasy Football Mock '16: Rds 5-6: Luck, Big Ben join the party.
- Athlon Sports shows us their Post-Draft 2016 Fantasy Football Top 150 Rankings - remember, this is just to get those drafting juices flowing.