Please pardon my disappearance here over the past few weeks - I did a classic post-fantasy-season collapse. Turns out I'm running on fumes by the time January is here and I've taken the past few weeks off to enjoy a little down time that includes absolutely no blogging whatsoever. Down time is at a premium with a kiddo in the house and of course I need to spend my spare time marveling over the pure brilliancy of our son and then cleaning the floor beneath his highchair for the thousandth time. But now, back to blogging. I should be around a little less often during the offseason, especially during the month of February, but rest assured I'll be here sending you links to all of the quality offseason material being published.
On a rather personal note, I've spent some time taking better care of myself this winter and scheduling long overdue doctors visits. One such visit was to a dermatologist since I'm of the pale-and-burns-often variety, and I've been telling myself to get a skin/mole check for years now. I finally went and lo and behold there's a severely dysplastic mole (has a tendency to turn to melanoma) hanging out on my calf; the mole and surrounding area are being removed later this week (with a football-shaped incision!) and like any good librarian I've done my research and feel like this is a very minor deal, but for the first hour or two before I got the info I needed, it felt like quite the gut punch. I'm now strongly encouraging my loved ones to hit up the dermatologist and since you all are my football family of sorts, I suggest you to do the same if you can. I'm sure there are plenty of health measures to be taken and doctors to be seen for us all, and isn't it always better to have minor issues be the worst of your health problems?
I've got a handful of links for you today and I'm sure there will be more churning out as we get closer to free agency, which begins in a little over a month on March 13.
- Take a look at Rotoworld's Free Agent Master List to track some of the upcoming roster moves.
- Or SBNation's Team-by-Team Look at Free Agency is being fleshed out, so scope out what they've got up here already.
- The IDP Guru has the other side of the ball covered with their 2012 Notable IDP Free Agents: Linebackers.
- Rotoworld is cranking up their 2012 keeper thoughts - take a look at their top 50 keepers and also a few thoughts on those who just missed the cut: 2012 Keeper Rankings.
- CBSSports.com's RB tiers for 2012 includes tiers of course but also a little bit of draft strategy. Already. Gotta love it.