We're in Day 4 of my son battling with a fever; it's a tough road, not gonna lie. He's finally on an antibiotic and I can't quite tell if he understands when I tell him that this sick pink medicine is going to help make him well (seriously, I shudder when I get a whiff of amoxicillin). We're on the verge of real communication with the little guy and I'm constantly surprised at how much he understands - so perhaps that's why he seems to be taking the medicine without an all-out limb-flinging fest. But right now I'm taking refuge in a Starbucks while my husband takes over on kiddo duty...what better time to get up a FFL post, right?
- 24 teams opened minicamps today - love having another signal that the season is approaching. Review all that is to be learned in minicamp land in Rotoworld's Minicamp Preview: MJD's Mad.
- So I think one of my new favorite sites this season might be The Pigskin Guy. Just feels like most of the articles are worth my time and I take away a little bit more knowledge. What more can you ask for? Scope out his growing ADP Breakdown series - this links you out to QBs. He takes a look at where players are going in early drafts on MyFantasyLeague.com and divulges why he thinks some players are over- or undervalued. I'll agree to differ with anyone who sees good things for Philip Rivers in 2012 but he does make a good point that Rivers in the 6th round could be a pretty solid deal. Other interesting things here: Peyton Manning and RGIII going in the 7th round followed by an intriguing trio of backups in Round 10.
- While on the topic of favorite sites, you just can't go wrong with advice from Yahoo's Andy Behrens. Read up on Ten fantasy assets to target beyond Round 10.
- If it's sleeper/breakout players you want, then Fantasy Knuckleheads have their Top 10 Breakout Fantasy Receivers for 2012 up - it's a slideshow-style piece, which I think is a little hard to discern from above the fold on my resolution, but just keep scrolling down and you'll figure the format out.
- A review of a mock draft this time of year should be educational and Fantasy Alarm's Learning From Mocks certainly delivers. The author points out some of his key mistakes and encourages all to mock, mock, mock as the summer carries on. If nothing else, you can take a look at this draft to feel a bit better about your own; that sounds awfully harsh I realize and I should note that there are some solid picks here, too.
- For more mock results, take a look at what some experts put together with Athlon Sports' May Mock Draft.
- ADP (average draft position) is another hot topic this time of year - FantasySharks.com's ADP Red Light - Green Light evaluates whether or not some contentious players are worth drafting at their current ADP or not.
- Without a doubt, FantasyOmatic.com is providing the most in-depth commentary on team defenses that I've seen. Lots of good stuff here - will link to the AFC West article for my fellow Broncos fans.
- TOFantasySports takes a look at strength of schedule (SOS) and provides a ranking and a bit of commentary on a handful of dudes in Strength of Schedule 2012: RBs.
- A few rankings to review:
- Athlon Sports' 2012 NFL Fantasy Football Big Board is super helpful - am sure I've linked out to it in the past but if you haven't used it before, I highly recommend it. They gather and average rankings from 7 big fantasy football sites (including Athlon Sports of course) and cover the Top 150 overall players.
- Draft Calc's redraft rankings by position for 2012 (dynasty also available)