I need to reawaken the fantasy football beast within me. Yup, that's right, the beast. For whatever reason, I've been slow to get going this season and have few excuses other than a case of the May Travel Bug (seriously, every year we seem to be out of town for at least 3 weekends in May; what's up with the month of May?). We've been all around the south and up to Ohio, spending time with family and old friends. Things I've learned recently include the following: 1) The older I get, the less I dance at weddings. This is a shame. 2) 6 hours in the car with a toddler can be about as fun as it sounds. 3) But an inaugural trip to the aquarium with that same little dude can be so awesome. Loved watching him take it all in, calling out, "fish! fish!" 4) In preparing for the fantasy football season, personally I feel far more at ease coming up with busts rather than sleepers in the fantasy football world. Stay tuned on that last nugget in the next few weeks as I may have more to report on in the sleeper/bust realm.
But for now, there's plenty to link you out to now that OTAs have begun and June has arrived. Time to crank it up into high gear my friends. If there's anything you're looking for in particular, send me an e-mail and I promise to eventually read and respond. Even if it takes a few weeks. Or even longer (hey, at least I'm cringing as I type that).
- Okay buddies, the rankings/projections landscape is really getting going for 2012. Let's take a look at some highlights:
- TheFakeFootball (if you haven't visited this site yet and you're a Razzball fan, you should definitely scope it out since it's the brainchild of Chet from Razzball) has their positional projections up. This links out to 2012 Wide Receiver Projections.
- FootballandBrackets' 2012 Fantasy Football Rankings: Wide Receivers
- RotoProfessor's Top 20 Quarterbacks
- The Pigskin Guy's dynasty rankings for RBs - top 35 backs with quick thoughts/notes, which is always a plus. I like to know a little bit of the why behind a site's rankings.
- KFFL.com updated all of their positional rankings (including kickers and team D) - this links out to their RBs.
- Yahoo's Preseason ranks: Top 200 - there's a composite ranking but if you have a particular hankering for one of the experts (Funston, Behrens, Evans, Pianowski), you can look at those as well.
- ProFootballFocus.com's 2012 Player Rankings - non-PPR rankings
- Fake Teams' 2012 Fantasy Football Rankings - positional rankings plus a Top 75 PPR ranking.
- Razzball.com has a little draft strategy for those of you in 2 QB leagues in So You Play in a Two QB Fantasy Football League.
- Read up on Tier 2 RBs that you might want to focus on if you don't end up with an early draft pick - Rolling the Dice on Running Backs in 2012.
- ProFootballFocus.com takes a look at RBs whose current ADP value is falling below the PFF rankings in Dynasty Average Draft Position Values - RB.