Happy Friday! You've come to the right place for a little almost-weekend fantasy football reading. I've been on the road a bit, including a trip back to my hometown of Arlington, Virginia, to visit with friends and family. Somehow the summer is moving ahead on fast forward for me, so apologies for the slowness here. That should just be my refrain here, huh?
Onto a bunch of quality links - some of which I've been gathering for a few weeks now, but really, in the preseason I feel like most content doesn't become outdated until we hit August. So read on and enjoy!
- I'll start off with the always-excellent Who Has the Most Accurate Draft Rankings? post from FantasyPros.com. I think most of you know I run an accuracy competition (I hope to get the multi-year analysis update up soon to include 2013) and I strongly encourage you to check out FantasyPros.com's results as well. Great stuff.
- ProFootballFocus.com's An Introduction to oTD, a replacement for redzone targets - oTD stands for opportunity-adjusted touchdowns and I kind of love it. When your brain has stopped melting from piecing all that information together, move on to Clay's Determining Play-Making Ability using oTD.
- You guys might remember from past years that I've always had an affinity for tiers when it comes to preseason ranks. Sports Jerks Network has their 2013 PPR RB Tiers and Projections up for your review.
- I've always liked looking at mock drafts this time of year, especially when from the bright minds at Footballguys.com, one of my favorite sites. Footballandbrackets looks at the results of a recent 12-team, 18-round mock draft.
- CBSSports.com takes a look at Early breakouts - 10 guys across all offensive skill positions that could prove to be successful this year.
- Meanwhile, Rotoworld looks at 8 players who are overvalued based on their current ADP in ADP First Look: Overvalued.
- Let's talk QBs and the importance of getting a QB early this year versus holding out until later rounds:
- All aboard the late-round QB train: The Huddle's Dissecting Quarterback Value in Fantasy Football.
- FantasySharks.com's Statistically speaking: Draft a QB in the top of your draft
- Fantasy Knucklehead's ADP Deep Dive at QB
- While Fake Pigskin has some nice backup options in Protect Your Investment: Four Late Round QB Targets
- IDP linkage:
- Athlon Sports' Fantasy Football 2013: IDP Rankings
- I'll stop with the ProFootballFocus.com lovefest soon, but really who doesn't love extensive IDP rankings? Top 100 IDPs for 2013, recently updated.
- ProFootballRosters.com's 2013 Fantasy Rankings: IDP (goes 263 guys deep)
- Razzball.com's Top 75 IDP Rankings for 2013 Fantasy Football and I'll toss in a side of their DL sleepers and busts
- IDP Guru's 2013 IDP Rookies