My 5-year-old son is a baseball fanatic right now. This is how life unfolds for us every single morning: kiddo comes into our room and within seconds of arriving, asks for daddy's phone. He finds the ESPN app where he's programmed all his favorite teams and starts rattling off the latest scores from around the league. He inevitably starts with the Dodgers, my husband's favorite team, which I find totally endearing. He has a soft spot for a variety of teams including - but certainly not limited to - the Cubs, the Reds, the Rockies, the Nationals. So scores, records, game times - they're all reported back to us in great detail (mark my words, the boy may end up some sort of sports statistician). He's also been known to go boneless if we tell him, no, you may not sit and watch an entire baseball game on tv ("but I need to watch them play so I know how to swing the bat!" oh kid, so clever...). But I'm now wondering at what age he can grasp and enjoy fantasy sports. Are we there? And are we building /enabling a monster? Likely.
Anyway, time to feed your inner fantasy football monster:
- Busts, disappointments, overvalued players - however you want to phrase it - here are some thoughts on players you may want to avoid in 2016:
- CBSSports' 2016 Fantasy Football Draft Prep: Saving you from taking the wrong running back and then they come back for more with their Busts 2.0 article.
- SoCalledFantasyExperts.com's The Top 12 Fantasy Football Busts of 2016
- ESPN's fantasy crew has their first mock draft up in Fantasy football mock draft No. 1: 10-team standard
- Love a good ADP analysis - see FakeTeams' Early ADP Check: Overpriced and Underpriced
- If you're a newbie here or you forgot about the magic that is FantasyPros, head over there first since basically all the major players are going to be involved in their amazing and unrivaled Consensus Rankings. Also, their Draft Wizard is definitely worth scoping out - truth be told I get a kickback for this product, but since I hardly ever do that, you can trust that it's a worthwhile tool.
- DavidGonos.com's 2016 Fantasy Football Wide Receiver Rankings: Middle-Heavy, Like Me! and Running Back Rankings: Young and the Restless
- FFToday's QB & RB rankings - note another update to the rankings is coming in about a week.
- SoCalledFantasyExperts.com's Overall Top 200 Rankings
- Fighting Chance Fantasy goes 40 deep in their RB Rankings
- RotoExperts' Top 100: 21-40 - Hating Thomas Rawls, Sammy Watkins
- When it comes to individual defenders, IDP Guru has some thoughts on what to do with Rookies in 2016 IDP Rankings - Rookies