Happy August and happy training camp, fantasy footballers. Time to get things going for the season. In our house, things are definitely trending toward the fall/football season: we have season ticket to University of Tennessee games for the first time; our oldest starts Kindergarten in about a week and is begging us to sign him up for flag football this fall; and I'm getting the FFLibrarian Monster League lined up again. (Side note: if you've played in the Monster League before, check your email and get yourself signed up again for 2016 by the end of this week!)
It's also time for the mock drafts and cheat sheets and other FF goodness to begin, so let's see what the fantasy universe is thinking right now:
- Mock drafts:
- numberFire's Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Quarterbacks Fall, Wide Receivers Rise
- Fighing Chance Fantasy's 2016 Fantasy Football Mock Draft
- Razzball's The Razzball Writers' 2016 Mock Draft
- FantasySharks.com's 12-Team PPR Mock Draft: First Round with commentary
- The Fake Football has us covered on all the happenings in training camp - Training Camp Notes: August 1st. Also, young and old aspiring writers, take note of their Fake Football Writing Contest - you have one last shot with your submission due August 10. Don't let the amazing judges scare you off.
- Roto Arcade's Spin Doctors: A.J. Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Jordy Nelson - read up on Yahoo's experts' differing opinions on these top receivers.
- FantasyPros have a series on Fantasy Football Consistency from expert Bob Lung - take a look at his thoughts on the most consistent Wide Receivers and Quarterbacks. And here's a little crib sheet for the terms he uses.
- FantasyPros also has an impressive Draft Wizard product that is back again this year with more of their crazy-good draft prep and in-draft tools. Think mock drafts, draft analyzer, live draft help/tracker, customizable auction tools, and cheat sheets, etc (full disclosure, I get a kickback).
- ProFootballFocus.com zeroes in on QBs in Ranking All 32 NFL QB Situations. Guys, a former Northwestern QB is actually kind of a backup in Denver. I mean, he was there with Peyton so I knew he had no hope then, and probably still has none, but I've gotta fight for him. A meshing of my alma mater and my favorite NFL team? Yes, thank you.
- Matthew Berry's 2016 positional rankings are up for your review. Speaking of rankings, are you all interested in another year of my average rankings spreadsheet (here's last year's version)? If so, I'll likely grab that info in 2 weeks or so.