Welcome to Conference Championship Week, my friends. I've been extremely busy over the past several days doing number crunching for my 5th annual rankings analysis. Every September I join forces with the Fantasy Sports Trade Association (FSTA) and put out a call to fantasy football experts inviting them to submit their preseason positional rankings. I then compare the experts' rankings to the actual fantasy rankings at the end of the season and determine which expert was the most accurate.
The results of the contest will be posted here with all sorts of detail on the top sites at each position and overall across the 4 offensive skill positions. There were 46 sites that participated this year and most of my favorites were included, so it's been a really fun contest to run yet again. The winner was announced at the FSTA conference late today and news will be flying around on Twitter I'm guessing. But come on back here for the details later in the week - stay tuned!
In the meantime, I've got a handful of links for those of you that are playing playoffs fantasy football. And by the way, kudos to the overall leader in the FFLibrarian Playoff Challenge, Amuk. Also, this past week's top player in our challenge was Lethal Arsenal. Keep up the good work!
- Conference championship week info:
- LestersLegends.com's Conference Championships Fantasy RB Rankings
- If you're in need of a playoffs QB now, as tempting as it is, maybe taking Brady isn't the smart way out? Think about your playoffs strategy with NFL.com's Time to take a chance on Flacco or Smith?
- FFToolbox.com's Week 20 Who to Start Rankings/Projections
- ProFootballFocus.com's Championship Week Projections
- Or turn your mind toward 2012 and CBSSports.com's Top 12 RBs for 2012 - I'm interested in your thoughts about Jamaal Charles at #10. Too low for such a potential stud who could be back to 100%? Too high for a guy coming off a big injury? Or just right? I'm still trying to decide (and probably will take the next 6-7 months to firm up my opinion) but I'm not sure I'd let him sit there until the 10th pick came along...