This week I have made tracks on the whole Halloween thing: we've got a big bag of candy ready to hand out, we've got a monkey costume for our son, and we've got one of those classic plastic pumpkin trick-or-treat things for him, too. This will be the first year that we take our son trick-or-treating and I'm kind of curious about how the whole candy thing goes. Does his candy just magically disappear overnight? Does it get doled out very slowly over the coming months? He's the kind of dude that subsists on crackers and air
some most days and yet he's figured out that candy is delicious and should be hunted down at all costs. I'd like to inject spinach into a Reeses PB cup and hand that puppy over to him, but alas the candy companies haven't gotten on board with that one yet. We'll see how it all goes but for now I'm leaning towards the most-of-the-candy-leaves-the-house-immediately approach since my son's sugar intake and my ability to be an effective parent appear to be inversely related...
And a heads up that I'm planning a few weeks ahead for Halloween because, well, I'm a planner, but also my sister-in-law is quickly approaching her due date, meaning our family might jump in the car at any minute to head to Atlanta to snuggle our latest edition to the family. If I disappear on you again, you can assume that I'm busy welcoming our niece, but I will do my best to stay on top of things.
Also wanted to note that I added more links to rankings and projections this week after hearing from some of you that they are typically more helpful than start/sit links. Enjoy!
- Lots of start or sit links today of course, so let's have at it:
- CBSSports.com's Week 7 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- Roto Arcade's Flames: Palmer, Raiders D/ST your remedies for the bye week blues or Lames: Fitz flop on the horizon in Minnesota
- Matthew Berry's Week 7 Love/Hate: In the name of fun (video starts up immediately)
- ProFootballWeekly.com's Start or Sit: Time to roll with Titans' Johnson
- LestersLegends.com's Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em - Week 7
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 7
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em: Wide Receivers
- Pigskin Addiction's Studs and Duds - QBs
- Fantasy Knuckleheads' Start Sit Advice for Week 7
- Here are a handful of rankings and projections:
- Athlon Sports' Positional Rankings: Week 7
- 2MugsFF's Fantasy Football Forbes List: Week 7 standard and PPR rankings
- KFFL.com's Fantasy Football Rankings: QB - Week 7
- CBSSports.com's Week 7 Fantasy Football Projections
- Bruno Boys' Week 7 Rankings: Wide Receivers
- FantasyOmatic.com's Week 7 WR Projections
- Yahoo's Week 7 Ranks: Quarterbacks
- FootballDocs' Weekly Running Back Rankings
- USA Today's Week 7 Value Meter
- Fantasy Football Nerd's consensus Week 7 rankings
- Or for more consensus thoughts, head over to FantasyPros.com's Week 7 Projections.
- ESPN's Week 7 ranks for running backs (another video here, too - seriously fantasy sites, just stop the video that starts up immediately thing. It irritates me, if I want to watch your video, I will, but let me be the one who can press the play button...okay my side rant is done. For now.)
- Not a weekly ranking, but Roto Arcade's rest-of-season Shuffle Up & Deal looks at running backs (and soon, tight ends) as though you were starting the season today.
- I'm really digging footballandbrackets this season and the mastermind over there (also a writer over at FootballGuys.com if you haven't picked up on that already) pulled together a strength-of-schedule matrix that combines the holy grail of ability + opportunity + opposition. Get after it and polish up those squads: Let me check my schedule: Part I.