So it turns out that I'm really competitive. I probably could have figured this out many years ago as I was taking every grade I got on middle school tests to heart (yup, I said middle school, I was that much of a grade nerd), but somehow I've ignored the presence of this wicked competitive streak I have...until lately. Fantasy football really brings it out in me; during fantasy season I find myself ready to compete against anyone at anytime. For example, it's relatively common to find me gunning it on the road to beat out the loser who got in the right lane that ends in 50 yards, and then cackling with delight when I pull ahead and narrowly avoid a collision with said driver, regardless of the fact that it's a 70-year-old woman who probably can't see that well to begin with. I just get overly eager to win at everything; not my best trait. I'm guessing that a sizable chunk of people who play fantasy football fall into this highly competitive category, too. So I decided to try and dissipate my competitiveness into a few other realms and am funneling some of my crazy competitive streak into running some races this summer. Last night I ran in a 3K that involved 2 laps of a course on the streets of Boulder. The guy who won the competitive male heat finished the race in roughly as long as it took me to run one lap. Awesome. Nothing like running with elite athletes in Boulder to make you feel slow. I guess this just means I need to make up for my average running skills by kicking ass in fantasy football, right? Better than running an old lady off the road...
- I'm in the process of doing another mock draft right now and have drafted the first three rounds so far (we're doing it via e-mail). It's an 8-team league (rare, yes) with 4 pts per passing TDs and non-PPR. So far I have LT (1.01), McGahee (2.08), and Reggie Wayne (3.01). We'll see how it pans out...for other mock draft evaluations, check out Gregg Rosenthal's latest mock draft results in Make fun of my team.
- For those who know that I am all about Tony Scheffler, this was good news from the Denver Post.
- You can always count on Football Outsiders to produce quality analysis, so if you're wondering how Aaron Rodgers will do this year, check out their Every Play Counts: Aaron Rodgers article.
- I like Clinton Portis way too much.
- This one is for my Tom Brady-loving sister who happily discovered that the Pats will be playing a Thursday night game on the weekend of her wedding this fall - Bruno Boys' Fantasy Football Notes - New England Patriots.
- I posted some thoughts on strength of schedule rankings and why they're not my favorite draft metric in the comments section of this recent post, but for those interested in SoS lists, try this one from FantasyInsights.com.
- For some thoughts on those risky players that will either crown you champion of your league for your foresight and savvy picks, or will leave you trolling the waiver wire with increasing desperation each week, read Athlon/Grogan's Finger on the pulse: 2008 fantasy "X-factors".
Also, I love your site, but I think you should explore a new color scheme to make it easier to read.