Wow, the football season is rolling now. I've spent some of today with last night's preseason games on in the background (I know, it's only the preseason but I can't help it!) and it really makes me realize how quickly the summer is coming to a close. It's crunch time, baby, time to get your prep in gear if you haven't done so already. Take a look at a handful of links below for advice:
- First up, let's take a look at some items related to last night or the preseason in general:
- Fake Teams' Thursday Night Preseason Game News: Ryan Mathews, Michael Vick, Julio Jones and others
- One of my favorite stops for news these days is DraftSharks' Shark Bites - news and analysis, good stuff.
- Roto Arcade's suggestion of guys to keep an eye on during the preseason be it this week or beyond in Peyton, RGIII top list of most intriguing to watch this preseason.
- Matthew Berry's Loves and Hates for 2012 - always a good read in my book.
- I've got a couple of mock drafts for you:
- CBSSports.com delights in the riches one can find in a 10-team draft in this PPR mock draft.
- Rotoworld meanwhile goes for the 14-team angle in an In-Progress Fantasy FB Draft that is currently closing out the 5th round.
- Yesterday I asked if you all are still interested in having me create a consensus top 100 ranking from 10 expert sites out there and I've heard you loud and clear - I'll keep it up. It might take me a week or so to pull together but it's coming. In the meantime, those of you who are in auction leagues might really enjoy what FantasyPros.com has pulled together: Consensus Auction Values pulled from 4 sources (though that number may grow as more become available).
- While we're talking about FantasyPros.com, you guys should know about two other items they're offering: 1. they're another excellent pit stop for links out to fantasy advice for days when I'm slow to post and 2. they've finagled a deal with some awesome pay sites like Footballguys and Rotowire to offer some of their paid content for free on the FP site. Here's a link to Footballguys.com's From the Gut.
- Let's talk players with sleeper/breakout/rising star potential. Keep in mind that many of these were written before the first week of preseason games kicked off but I find them to still be on target for the most part:
- Rotoprofessor targets Three Sophomore Running Backs to Watch
- CBSSports.com suggests some Buy-low candidates
- NFL.com's Chad Johnson among players with rising fantasy football value includes an interesting mix of sleepers and guys who are just finding themselves in the right place for a boost to their fantasy value.
- FFToolbox.com's 2012 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- The Fifth Down has a look at some young RBs and determines which are worth relying upon for the 2012 season (and beyond) in Predicting Careers for Second-Year Backs.
- IDPers, I haven't forgotten about you. FantasySharks.com has a look at some old dudes that can still contribute greatly this season in Gray beard IDP options that are fantasy gold.