Greetings long-lost fantasy football friends. You've been very patient with me this spring as I've been essentially missing in fantasy action here for the past few months. Lots of stuff going on here in FFLibrarian land between our increasingly mobile and adorable 7-month-old, our impending move to Tennessee (not leaving NYC until July though!) and all the house hunting and moving plans that come with it, and then a slew of travel this spring that have all kept me from posting as much as I would have liked. So thanks for sticking around and rest assured that I will be back to my normal posting schedule as the season (fingers crossed!) begins to unfold.
We've got lots of post-draft material out there to look at, so let's try and make sense of the fantasy analysis madness out there:
- If you just want the results of the draft straight up, cruise on over to the Bruno Boys for their NFL Draft 2011: Round by Round Draft Tracker.
- Another place to swing by for some general draft thoughts is CBSSports.com's Top 10 surprises through first three rounds.
- But for some analysis of all that went down last weekend, take a look at some of these articles:
- RotoExperts.com's Fantasy Football: Hot Freaks which has a team-by-team approach to assessing how the draft went from a fantasy perspective.
- Rotoworld does a great job as usual with their Draft Grades articles - NFC and AFC. They list each team's picks and where they went wrong/right. Note the caveat here though not to take this analysis (or any draft analysis) too seriously. But let's be honest, if you're here on a fantasy football site at this time of year, you're wise beyond your years and you already know that!
- Or for even further draft assessment, scope out KFFL.com's 2011 NFL Draft: Winners, losers and those on the fence.
- Meanwhile if you're an IDPer, you'll be interested in Kilroys Krystal Ball's look at how the draft went from an IDP (individual defensive player) perspective - 2011 IDP Draft Review: Part One.
- Now that we know where the 2011 rookies will be playing, let the rookie analysis begin:
- Start off with FantasyFootball.com's 2011 Rookie Watch: Part I.
- Or head on over to ProFootballWeekly.com's Rookies who can make an instant splash.
- Or get a rookie rankings fix with ProFootballFocus.com's Fantasy: 2011 Dynasty Rookie Rankings or Razzball.com's 2011 Dynasty PPR Quarterback Rankings.
- For some non-draft related articles, try one of the following:
- FootballGuys.com has their Ultimate Strength of Schedule article up by position (this links to QBs) with a season-long look, a week-by-week look, and a focus on the playoffs. There is of course MUCH more to come on this front, but this is a great start...plus I love linking to FootballGuys.com this time of year as their material is still free.
- Another spot to go is the always interesting roundtable discussion posted by Fantasy Football Trader. The question this time around to be answered by a bevy of fantasy smarties? Dez Bryant vs Kenny Britt.
- FantasyFootballXtreme.com's 2011 Fantasy Football Stock Market Watch that notes which players FFXtreme believes are overvalued, undervalued, or spot on based on their current ADP (average draft position).