The clouds and rain just won't stop here in NYC - it's been going on since Monday and frankly this is a great reminder of one reason why I loved living in Colorado so much. Has Boulder ever even seen 4 days in a row of rain? Unlikely. But the silver lining is that the fog and clouds make it a smidge darker in the morning, meaning our young tot sleeps in just a bit longer. I'll take that trade off. For now. Much more of this dreariness and we'll be hopping the first flight to a sunny paradise.
Speaking of paradise, let's talk football:
- Since all we can really do is speculate about how the labor shenanigans will affect the 2011 season, might as well see what the minds at CBSSports.com envision happening if the season gets pushed back to October (seems to be the en vogue prediction) in No OTAs, no minicamps? This season could be ugly.
- Fantasy Alarm's How New Rules Will Affect 2011 Fantasy Football Production takes a quick look at how some of our favorite kick returners could be impacted by the new kickoff line at the 35.
- FFToolbox.com takes a stab at predicting where some of the top free agents will land - Trades and their possible destinations.
- For other thoughts on team composition, head on over to SportingNews.com's video (fyi, sound starts right away) Best of the rest: Top 20 undrafted players.
- A funky season doesn't mean you can sit back and wait to think about fantasy until August (that's an ill-advised approach any season...) - start thinking about sleepers with Fantasy Shrink's article Late-Season Bloomers: WRs.
- Wondering what to do with Michael Turner this year? Try Big Lead Sports' Michael Turner & Age vs Mileage article. I'm eager to see the consensus rankings for Turner as the season gets closer. Interesting case.
- Read up on what Gregg Rosenthal is seeing in the Wes Welker Crystal Ball - Wondering if Wes Welker is headed for a "contractual mud wrestle"...this one's for my Welker-loving sister, and well, every other Pats fan I know.
- How many backs can battle for the ball in Dallas? ProFootballFocus.com sees us headed for another three-headed RBBC monster, it's just time to say goodbye to The Barbarian - What to Make of Dallas' 2011 Running Backs.