I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend and I'm guessing many of you are deep into the early summer heat wave we've got going on here over much of the eastern half of the country. And while summer is most certainly here in the weather department, the summer fantasy football content is not. The Washington Post has an interesting summary of how the FF industry is affected by the lockout - Fantasy football: Another lockout casualty?
Onto the rest of today's reads, I've got a smattering of articles that were posted over the weekend:
- As I'm sure I point out far too often, now is the time to enjoy articles from awesome sites like Footballguys.com whose paywall goes up later in the summer. So scope out their 2011 Staff Mock Draft, which includes extensive analysis on each of the picks through the 4th round (out of 22 rounds).
- Another mock to monitor comes from Rotoworld - this one is an in-progress dynasty league draft.
- Looking for a quick top 10 QB list? Turn to Fantasy Alarm's Early Quarterback Rankings though I honestly can't believe Matt Ryan is listed at #10. Really? Am I alone in my Matt Ryan lovefest this year?
- It appears that I might be since 4for4.com's ADP (pulled from several different sites they monitor) also lists Ryan as the 10th QB here (links to other positions as well). Personally I'd rather have Ryan over Romo, Schaub and Roethlisberger. Agree or disagree? Note that the 4for4.com ADP link above offers ADPs for both 10-team and 12-team leagues - nice touch.
- If auction leagues are more your speed, turn to ProFootballFocus.com's 2011 IDP Auction Values for those of you who play with individual defenders.
- Finally, the Football Goat takes a quick look at some of the players that will go with the top picks in this year's drafts in Who Should Be The #1 Fantasy Football Pick in 2011? If you haven't thought about this question at all yet, the Goat will likely get the FF juices flowing and get the ol' wheels in your brain turning.