And for that matter, the Monday after the Super Bowl should be another holiday to help us all recover and cope with the upcoming dearth of football activity. But let's not dwell on that yet - there's still current football news to be discussed, so let's get right to it.
- I've mentioned this before, but I find Gregg Rosenthal's Super Bowl XLII blog highly entertaining and informative. There really are so many things I could link to from his blog but I will go with the fantasy angle here. Gregg and Tiffany asked several players about their experiences with fantasy football and I enjoyed Shaun O'Hara's comments that there's no place for o-line men stats in the fantasy world. Where's the fantasy love for offensive lines??
- Should we all be nervous that AP won the NFL's Rookie of the Year award? I mean past winners included Vince Young, Cadillac Williams, Ben Roethlisberger and Domanick Davis. Based on this sample, Rotoworld points out that perhaps this doesn't bode well for Peterson's future injury status.
- If you're feeling a little sad about the end of the NFL season, have no fear. FFXtreme has gathered some fantasy experts together for a 2008 fantasy football mock draft as early as 9 AM est on Monday, February 4th.
- Cold, Hard Football Facts has compared stats on the Giants and Patriots and concluded that this game is truly the greatest statistical mismatch in NFL championship game history. Wow.
- And to see another game preview based on lots of stats and number crunching, check out Football Outsiders' Super Bowl LXII Preview.
- I have plugged Plax into my playoffs fantasy league with the FF Librarian's Challenge - however he hasn't been practicing this week (not that unusual for Plax) and reports sound a little iffy. Hmm...
tags: fantasy football, nfl, football, 2008 super bowl