Greetings and happy Friday. Let's not mess around with my thoughts on Colorado's bizarre weather (yes, I have an insatiable interest in the weather), or how I'm eagerly hoping for a job offer (basically just a tenure-track version of my current library job), or how excited I am for the weekend to arrive (it has been a long week involving the aforementioned job interview)...let's just get right to football:
- The fantasy football cheat sheet season has begun - the FF Goat has made it his mission to track down cheat sheets far and wide this season. So stayed tuned to the Goat if you're big into cheat sheets.
- More cheat sheets have also been posted by FFToolbox - check out their QB, RB, WR, TE, K and DEF cheat sheets, all of which will be updated throughout the preseason. Note this cheat sheet includes project fantasy points and there's a Top 100 list available for your viewing pleasure as well.
- The Saints will no longer be pursuing Shockey, so he's all yours again, Giants fans.
- Sporting News has the minicamp info that fantasy owners are waiting for - read up in Minicamps: All that you need to know.
- Fox Sports's NFL Fantasy Fifty is a top 50 ranking that is updated every once in a while in the offseason; last update was May 9th. I'm intrigued by some of the rankings that I see up here - perhaps I'm being too RB-centric and conventional but I don't think I'd draft Randy Moss ahead of AP, Addai and Westbrook. I also think that ranking Tony Romo merely one slot behind Peyton Manning in a Top 50 ranking is unusual. And by unusual I mean a poor idea. I know the Peyton Era will end eventually but I just don't see it happening any time soon. And Laurence Maroney didn't even make it to the Top 50?! Harsh. But I do love reading a variety of opinions and hope to see more of these sorts of surprises as the season approaches. Keeps you thinking.
Enjoy the weekend!