Three-day weekends are like a blessing and a curse all wrapped up in one - yeah it was awesome to relax and have an extra day of fun, but it's a reminder to me that I'd love to have a three-day weekend every weekend. That's always a bit of a bummer. But my weekend included scoring some amazing seats at a Rockies v Mets game on Friday night (thanks again Bart!), cruising around the Boulder Creek Festival, getting some good runs in, and baking a successful angel food cake at high altitude (harder than it sounds, thank you). It also, sadly, included the canceling of the extra sports tier in our cable package...and thus, no more NFL Network for us. I think we've changed our subscription to the sports tier about 4 or 5 times over the past year depending on how much we're using it (uh, not much at all right now) and I'm sure, come fall, I'll be re-upping it again...
So onto football:
So onto football:
- Rotoworld welcomes summer with their first Mock Draft writeup of the season in Never too early for a Mock.
- How many RBs can my Broncos possibly load up on? With Henry nursing an injured hamstring, it's welcome to Broncos Country, Michael Pittman.
- The guys over at FF Geek Blog turned me onto this article - 2008 Offensive Line Rankings and Analysis with the o-lines labeled anywhere from very good to poor. I'm big on taking a good long look at o-lines and am trying to gather as many o-line rankings or commentary as I can find - if you've got one, send it my way!
- More from Rotoworld - Gregg Rosenthal posts his top 5 fantasy defenses. I actually think there are quite a few defenses that I would be happy drafting this year.
- Looking for a bye week grid to help in your draft preparations? Yeah, a little early for me, too, but I love that Pigskin Addiction is already all over this with their 2008 Bye Week Grid - and who knows, perhaps someone out there is doing some crazy June draft or something equally amusing.