Greetings fantasy fans. Last night at Bowling League Night, I bowled two of my worst games ever. My timing was unfortunate, too, since we were up against the best team in the league, which is also the only team whose members are more or less the same age as we are. But despite the absolute collapse of any bowling prowess I have built up over the past few months, I had a blast last night. Perhaps it was the fact that we ended up playing for pitchers of beer with the other team, which led to entertaining commentary from everyone (one of our opponents let us in on his secret for bowling success: as he gets ready to release the ball he just tells himself what a sexy dude he is; it works, the guy is awesome!) and some amusing celebratory dance moves on the lane from one member of my team. Good times all around.
But back to football - I've heard from several of you that you appreciated the look at the experts' rankings and I'm very glad to hear that. I've had some really good commentary about ways of weighting RBs and WRs more heavily when coming up with the overall expert winner, which I think is certainly worth a look. So expect to see more analysis to come!
Today's links are as follows:
- Wondering what some of the NFL storylines are for the offseason? Read CBS Sports' Here come Vick, Brady, L.T. ... for some early details on stories that are sure to affect fantasy rankings.
- Speaking of stories that are likely to have an impact on fantasy, see what Larry Johnson has to say about leaving the Chiefs. Or where Housh might end up.
- If you've got a mock draft coming up or you're just curious about how your 2009 fantasy football draft will go, take a look at Fantasy Sharks' Top 25 players for 2009 for some rankings inspiration.
- Lester's Legends just won a place in my blog forever - he's continuing his fantasy football analysis to the Pro Bowl. Love it and am not sure I'm seeing that anywhere else - so scope out Fantasy Football Out on a Limb, Volume 22 for some pro-Broncos football insight (clearly another reason I love this post).
- If you're looking for all the Pro Bowl action you can get and are hankering for some Pro Bowl practice photos though, take a look at Football News From a Chick's Pro Bowl warm up pics, from across the wire 2/4/2009.
- Looking for rising stars in the fantasy football world? Of course you are, who isn't? SportsBuff.com's Dynasty - Ready to Bust Out? has some great advice on breakout players for 2009. Most of all I really enjoy seeing a player on here that I've never even heard of - it's truly an educational experience to read this article.