Oh my Broncos. Such drama this weekend! I don't even know where to start but I guess Cutler as potential trade bait is probably the biggest story followed by Brandon Marshall's latest arrest and of course free agent pickups like Brian Dawkins and Correll Buckhalter. So let's just get right to it - I love my Broncos, I love Cutler and yes, he can come off as a bit of a whiner...but is there any possible way Cassel was worth that trade for the Broncos? Negatory, good buddy, so I just don't buy that the Broncos were really giving it much consideration at all. I'm siding with Gregg Rosenthal on this one and assuming that it will blow over fairly soon, but now there's the Marshall news, too; how will this affect Marshall, Cutler and/or Royal's fantasy value for 2009? It's like deja vu here...
The Olympic Curling Trials were awesome - I'll get some photos and such up tomorrow, I hope, but I've gotta say that it was actually one of the more dramatic finishes to a sporting event that I've been to in a long time. There are 10 ends (kind of like innings), which was probably 4 or 5 too many for my taste, but the decision of which team moved on to the Olympics came down to the very last play in the last end when a seemingly seasoned player totally choked and missed a shot that I bet he would've made 9 times out of 10 in any other setting. Crazy curling! The rest of the weekend was filled with snowshoeing, practice field goal kicking and other fun stuff with my bro-in-law who is here visiting us in Colorado. I'm kind of hoping he'll get snowed in and not be able to make it back to his home in Atlanta on time - he's a good time.
- Lots of free agency news out there, my friends. For an update on some of the latest signings, check out the Fantasy Football Geek Blog or Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback. One of the more entertaining free agency moves for some reason is Jon Kitna going to Dallas to back up Romo. Anyone remember all that smack talk with Kitna and Cowboys defenders a few years ago? Ha.
- More free agency updates from Lester's Legends in Free Agent Signings - Fantasy Perspective.
- Track the free agency moves with Fantasyfoootball.com's Free Agency Central chart or FFToday's Free Agents: Offense movement tracker.
- Need a recap on the awesomeness of the 2008 class of running backs? Take a look at Bruno Boys' 2009 Second Year Running Backs for thoughts on how a lot of those stars will do in 2009.
- Finally, with the NFL Draft less than two months away now, KFFL has completed the first round of their 2009 NFL Mock Draft - my favorite thing about this might be the "others considered" column since it gives a little more insight into the pick and process.