It's Spring Break here in Boulder - the campus is deserted, my bus driver seemed uncertain that I truly needed to get off at the university during Spring Break, and there's a heavy quiet throughout the library since even the biggest of study nerds here has taken a break. I love it like this: the quiet before the storm. Much like football season; with the NFL Draft really just a few weeks away, most analysts seem to be soaking up the NCAA tournament and holding off on the flood of pre-draft analysis. That said, there are still some experts (aka the biggest fantasy nerds - and I mean that in an endearing, grateful way) out there cranking out their NFL draft and FF thoughts...
- This is going to be a bit of a Bills fest here but by acquiring T.O., the Bills have made themselves far more newsworthy. Gregg Rosenthal takes a look at the T.O. impact on Lee Evans' fantasy value and in the end calls it a push for Evans.
- The other piece that dissects the Bills comes from CBS Sports' series on team needs - Bills needs: Tight-end, pass-rush playmakers wanted.
- The Fifth Down reports on a proposal that's making the NFL annual meeting rounds that would extend the NFL season to 18 games in A Longer Regular Season? What Could Go Wrong? Pardon me while I wipe up the drool here - I'd love an 18-game season.
- You've gotta love a mock draft article that starts off with "mock drafts are a special sort of useless" - if you're looking for the always-insightful Football Outsiders take on how the NFL Draft might evolve, take a look at their mock draft of the first round.
- For more NFL Draft thoughts, see what KFFL has to say about the latest speculations in NFL Draft Grapevine - News and notes.