I am officially slacking on pretty much every project I have noted I'd be working on here on the blog over the past few weeks - I can't even remember to upload Olympic Curling Trials photos off of my camera to get you all some evidence of the game I now refer to as a sweet marriage between bar shuffleboard and bocce. I'll blame this on a relatively busy month at work (doesn't the library understand I need to focus on football in March?!) coupled with fun times with visiting family members - and probably just some lack of motivation. I am working on an update to my ranking of the rankings (for real) but if I've promised you any other projects or links or haven't gotten back to you about something, e-mail me all you want to remind me to get my act together.
Onto today's links...
Onto today's links...
- Take a look back at some of the biggest free agency contracts over the past four years with CBS Sports' Free-agent spenders: Who chose wisely? and see which players were really "worth" their big money payday.
- Oh we've got rankings my friends. Based on the name of the site, I am going to go out on a limb and assume that these rankings from Sons of the Tundra Dynasty Rankings are specifically for keeper leagues but they'll be of interest to all - QB, RB, WR and TE are available...love the use of "rubbish" here for the QBs. I have a coworker from the UK who is consistently delighting me with her British vocabulary - apparently I'm a Britophile of some sort.
- Okay we've got a slew of free agency moves and subsequent fantasy impacts...
- What to do with Housh now that he's landed in Seattle? Read on with FF Geek Blog's Housh's a Hawk. Now to figure out where that puts him.
- Or how about Derrick Ward's move to TB? Read Gregg Rosenthal's thoughts on why fantasy Ward fans should be pleased.
- Or what about Fred Taylor's impact on the Patriots' backfield? KFFL has you covered in Impact Analysis: Fred Taylor, RB, New England Patriots.
- NoOffseason.com is rolling out a series of sophomore sleepers articles - so far we've got RBs and WRs. Not to state the obvious here but Eddie Royal's value only increases if Marshall's latest arrest leads to suspension time...
- I'll be the first to admit that my fantasy baseball knowledge is extremely minimal, but when I checked in on Fighting Chance Fantasy to see what he's cranking out these days, even I could tell FCF was putting together some quality material. I'm impressed by the quantity and depth of posting here. So if you're a fantasy baseball player looking for a new resource for your draft prep, take a look at Fighting Chance Fantasy.
- The NFL Draft prognostications continue. Take a look at DraftGuys for their 2009 NFL Draft rankings for Wide Receivers and Tight Ends. Their rankings will be updated weekly.
If they add T.O. and draft a RB to compete with the over-rated Addai, that offense will be a monster.