Happy insufferably hot Thursday. If you've managed to find a place that is not part of the oppressive heat covering much of the country, then kudos; wish I could magically transport myself to the Arctic right now. But perhaps thinking about fantasy football is just what we all need...so onto today's links!
- Check out The Hazean's musings on what would happen if Vincent Jackson leaves San Diego.
- A couple of mocks for you:
- First, FFXtreme was part of a recent Rotoworld Experts Mock Draft and he's posted the mock results. I'll be honest, I heart Finley, too, but note that Smitty's drafting of him as the first TE overall is really more of a statement selection, not likely to be the spot that he'll be drafted in the vast majority of leagues.
- If you've been waiting for a mock draft for auction leagues, well then you're in luck - Fantasyfanplay.com has just what you're looking for in Making a Mockery 3.0: A Bidding War.
- Razzball has taken their ranking of top 50 players and expanded it to a top 100 list (note: top 200 is en route...) that includes projections.
- I've probably been on the James-Jones-is-going-to-rock train and the latest reports on how well Jones and Jordy Nelson are doing certainly are encouraging. However, for another perspective, scope out what NoOffseason.com has to say in The James Jones Hype.
- Scope out Rotoworld's observations on rookie running backs in Running at Rookie Precedent.
- If it's really rookie WRs that you're interested in though, scope out FootballGuys.com's Matt Waldman's Gut Check column from last week. The Gut Check should be a must-read for all and this article is no exception.
- Matt Schauf continues his team profiles, this time with a lengthy but solid breakdown of the Carolina Panthers.
- Finally, FFToolbox has pulled together a list of the training camp start dates for all 32 teams - woohoo! This makes me quite excited about the season - it really will be here before we know it!