With our departure date from NYC in less than a month, we're trying to spend a little time living it up like a classic NYC tourist. So tomorrow my husband and I are taking a vacation day and visiting the Statue of Liberty (which of course makes me think of this - sorry, Sooner fans). Many moons ago we bought tickets for access to the crown, which apparently has to be requested months in advance. Seems kind of fitting to join in the throngs of hot, chatty, and sometimes surly (oh wait, that's just me) tourists to visit our lady liberty just before the Fourth of July. Should be a good time and honestly, it's one of a very small number of times over the past 9 months that my husband and I have been out together without our little dude...so here's to a little alone time. With the tourists.
Let's head on over to today's football links:
- Fantasy Douche is offering words of warning about snagging Chris Johnson too early in your draft. Read up on reasons why the Titans running game should probably make you a wee bit nervous - Chris Johnson Suffered from a Poor Tennessee Running Game.
- Meanwhile if you're looking for suggestions on guys to target rather than avoid, see why LestersLegends.com thinks Romo could be a great value grab after elite QBs are gobbled up.
- Athlon Sports has their 2011 Early Fantasy Football Ranks up - this link will take you to WRs with other positions available off that link. Their scoring system is clearly delineated at the top and the ranks go pretty deep. Good stuff.
- I'm gonna be honest here - I haven't even finished this article from CBSSports.com yet since it's so chock full of data and details that I want to slowly digest...but I know many of you will enjoy this as much as I do: Deciphering targets, touches and red zone data.
- The Fifth Down's early look at the top 10 players at each position continues with RBs - 2011 First Take: Running Backs.
- Fantasy Fanplay brings us a quick review of a handful of guys who had a down year in 2010 but are poised for 2011 success in Don't Call it a Comeback.
- Last but certainly not least, one of my favorite fantasy football writers - Chet from Razzball.com - brings us his thoughts on WR sleepers in Solid Late Round Receivers on Fan Duel.com.