This weekend is a big one in the FFLibrarian house: our son turns 2 on Sunday. I've been teaching him "it's my birthday" and "I'm two" this week but I doubt he's going to spontaneously spout these off during the celebrations. Sunday also marks the one month mark since I delivered our stillborn daughter, adding an element of the bittersweet to the day. I think of her every day, heck, some days I see or feel reminders of her all day long. But I have this playful, loving, silly little boy here in my arms. I take one look at his face, which is very clearly from his daddy, and his suddenly floppy hair (how is it that a 2 yo can be sporting Justin Bieber-esque hair?) and his smile, which are both very clearly from me, and I am grateful down to the very deepest part of my being that I am where I am today. I promise not to blabber on too much this fall about our family and its ups and downs...just want you to know that we're hanging in there, we're doing okay.
Onto the linkage of the day!
- Plenty of start/sit suggestions for you from the pros:
- CBSSports.com's Week 4 Start 'em and Sit 'em
- NFL.com's Start 'em, Sit 'em: Running backs for Week 4 (other positions available off this link)
- Roto Arcade's Lames: Newton to post cool numbers in Hotlanta and Flames: Fred Jackson's timing couldn't be more impeccable
- Matthew Berry's Love/Hate (FYI, video also starts up immediately)
- ProFootballWeekly.com's Exploit or Avoid: Look for Manning to move forward (another one with a video - like to give a heads up in case you're at work)
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench - Week 4
- PigskinAddiction.com's Studs & Duds - Week 4
- Rankings for Week 4:
- Athlon Sports' Quarterback Rankings: Week 4
- 2MugsFF.com's Week 4 Positional Rankings (Standard and PPR)
- Bruno Boys' Week 4 Rankings: Running Backs
- FantasyTaz.com's Week 4 Quarterback Rankings
- FantasySportsCentral's Week 4 Cheatsheet - combines rankings from a handful of top sites out there and creates a consensus
- If it's a consensus you want, then also scope out FantasyPros.com, which you all likely know is one of my favorite sites out there. Here's a link to their weekly consensus rankings.
- A few others to check out:
- Fantasy Alarm's In the Trenches: A Positional Rundown gives you a look at how things are shaking out after 3 weeks of the 2012 season from a fantasy perspective. Lots of football left to be played...
- FootballandBrackets' F.A.S.T. article is right up my alley and perhaps yours - a look at some of the stats and random thoughts in fantasyland. How I wish Chris Johnson wasn't on my dynasty team...wait, scratch that. How I wish CJ was actually performing up to his potential on my dynasty team. Glad to see there are 10 QBs with more rushing yards than he has so far.