Hello my friends. I think I've written this intro paragraph about 5 times now, trying to figure out what to say after my hiatus and the loss of our daughter, Caroline. But I have no idea what to tell you other than I am here, I am surviving, and I am attempting to channel my sorrow into something productive by getting back to blogging. I will be forever grateful for the support you all have shown me. If anyone is ever in a similar situation and wants someone to talk to, send them my way. I don't have the right words for this (who does?) but I have all the time in the world to listen and do what I can to help.
Do me a favor and when you get a chance, please hug your kiddos, spouse, parents, siblings (special thanks to my extraordinary sister for her love this week and always; she's a FF newbie this year, too, by the way), your best friend, your cat, your coworker, your bus driver, your favorite bartender, your UPS guy (we see him a LOT at our house), heck even your cup of coffee. Embrace it all. In the meantime, I will be saying Caroline's name over and over and over with abiding gratitude for the chance to meet her and love her.
Now, it's time for football:
- Let's start things off with a few waiver wire articles, particularly after the Ogletree explosion last night. Keep in mind that some of these articles were written before the first game of the season:
- Rotoworld's Waiver Wired: Head Games
- The Hazean's Kevin Ogletree, Waiver Wire Wonder
- More thoughts on what to do with Ogletree from one of my favorite experts, Andy Behrens, in Kevin Ogletree can't be covered on opening night.
- Bleacher Report's Week 1: Top 25 Players Available on Waiver Wire
- And now on to the early start/sit lists for the week:
- FFManiax's Start/Sit - Week 1
- Roto Arcade's Lames: Mile High disappointment expected for Peyton and Flames: RG3 is about to drop bombs on the Bayou
- NFL.com's Start 'Em, Sit 'Em: Philip Rivers opens with favorable matchup
- The Fake Football's Week 1 Start/Sit
- CBSSports.com's Week 1 Start 'em and Sit 'em
- There's already a world of weekly rankings being compiled by Fantasy Rundown, so if you're in the mood for comparing Dude A to Dude B, do yourself a favor and head on over there for a serious explosion of ranking links. In the meantime, a few rankings to focus on:
- Athlon Sports' positional rankings for Week 1
- Rotoworld's Week 1 Rankings
- Fake Teams' Week 1 Rankings - both standard and PPR as well as IDP rankings
- WalterFootball.com's positional rankings for Week 1
- Few things in the FF world are as intriguing as Week 1 if you ask me as questions start to be answered about players with either big question marks or big expectations. I always enjoy Pat Fitzmaurice's Ten Most Intriguing Players article - scope out his thoughts on Week One.