Ahh, it's a long weekend here for us and it was sorely needed - post-Super Bowl I came down with a cold and of course had copious amounts of laundry to be done. Nothing like a long weekend to help on both fronts. Plus I've found myself basically addicted to the Winter Olympics, thanks in large part to my participation in RosterSlots.com's fantasy Olympics games. I recommend scoping the site out if you're looking for a fantasy fix - or say if you need a reason to watch the pairs figure skating for more than just the bizarro costumes. Seriously, is this actually an Olympic event for weirdest outfits?
Let's get to a few fantasy football links to start this week off right:
- Several of my fantasy football buddies across this great land are participating in Razzball's 2010 Mock Draft. Matt Schauf from RapidDraft keeps things interesting by picking MJD with the #1 overall draft. See what else has evolved over the first 4 rounds of the draft so far.
- Another mock draft, but this time not so fantasy - FantasyFootball.com's 2010 NFL Mock Draft looks at picks that might be made come this April.
- Take a look at Rotoworld's Blame it on the quarterback for 5 wide receivers that you might want to put higher on your list next season - if their QB situation improves.
- Read up on this week's MMQB to let Peter King know if you want to hear more about the 2011 negotiations between owners and players...and for a nasty knee photo. If that doesn't get you to click on the link, don't know what will.
- I haven't been hiding my distaste for Jay Cutler as a fantasy QB so of course I was drawn to Picking Jay Cutler apart, an article based on film breakdown from Jaws.
- Bruno Boys have put up their Top 25 fantasy players in 2010 - lots of QBs in the first round. I love me some Aaron Rodgers (I will always have a special place in my fantasy heart for Rodgers after his role in getting me to SB44) but I'm not willing to take him 5th overall...does that mean Rodgers won't land on any of my squads this year?
- Another Packer that I'm big on for next year - Jermichael Finley. See what FFManiaxs think in Fantasy Status for 2010: Stud or Bust?
- Finally, free agency is just around the corner - ProFootballWeekly.com's Wilfork among UFAs who could be 'franchised' takes a look at players who might get the franchise tag.