I'm a few hours into a 4-day weekend and already loving it; the weather has cooled in NYC a bit (particularly nice for those of us who are slacking on installing our AC unit for the season...) and I have next nothing on the docket for this weekend - sounds absolutely awesome since I've been traveling or had visitors for the past 5 weekends. I hope you all are set for equally awesome weekends and safe travels to those on the road. Now if you're looking for a little pick-me-up before the weekend officially starts, then you're in the right place. Let's talk fantasy football:
- First up, just a few quick player news links:
- Roethlisberger has been cleared by Goodell for workouts
- Jeremy Shockey hospitalized after seizure
- Brandon Stokley still sidelined with shoulder injury
- Football Outsiders is talking broken tackles from the 2009 season and you might just see their stats creeping up in a whole bunch of places - ESPN, top blogs, and of course FO gives a nice intro on their own site.
- The Fantasy Football Nerd takes a look at some 2010 Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates - gotta be honest, I'm loving Finley this year, too. How could you not??
- Meanwhile, Hatty Waiver Wire Guru has the flip side covered in Players to Avoid in 2010 Fantasy Football Drafts.
- If you play in an IDP league, then here are a few links to give you a head start this year:
- NFL.com looks at the top IDPs at each position in Willis, Allen headline the elite IDP fantasy performers for 2010.
- If you'd like a deeper ranking head on over to FFToolbox's Cheat Sheets, which were updated for IDPs just a few days ago.