Promises of the 2011 season are becoming increasingly frequent and hopeful (or is that just desperation?) and I hope that between news of the lockout talks, anticipation of the Women's World Cup final, and the British Open, you'll be able to squeeze in some time to read the latest fantasy football links. We've got lots of articles focusing on receivers today:
- First up on the receiver front, GoAheadScore.com has a FF PPR Gems 2011 article listing about 15 guys, some are no-brainers, others are buried a bit deeper, including a handful of rookies to watch.
- Two of my top sites take a look at potential breakout WRs:
- Matt Waldman's Gut Check series for Footballguys.com is extensive and chock full of interesting tidbits - as always - so you'll definitely want to scope it out when you've got several minutes to invest in a top-notch article - Profiling WR Breakout Candidates.
- KFFL.com also supplies a lengthy list of receiver names that you'll want to pay attention to during your draft prep - Third- and fourth-year wide receivers.
- CBSSports.com now has their third mock draft of the season up - I appreciate that they offer a different format for each of their mocks, varying the number of teams and positions drafted. This time they've got a 14 team PPR mock with team-by-team analysis of best/worst picks plus a draft grade.
- And if you're a CBSophile and just can't get enough of them, take a look at their completed 2011 team-by-team fantasy outlook for each team in the NFL. This includes sleepers, busts, a schedule breakdown, plus training camp topics. Good stuff.
- FantasyGuru.com's John Hansen is a fantasy expert that you'll want to have on your radar if you don't already. Keep an eye on his blog this season, and perhaps start with his Top-25 stories to follow once the lockout is lifted.
- Moving on to QBs, check out these two rankings: