It was a tremendous weekend here - my niece was born in the wee hours of July 4th! My sister and baby are doing well and I am over-the-moon excited about the little one. I'll head up to Boston to meet her in a couple of weeks; just hoping I can wait that long. Happy, joyous times here!
Let's hope the great news continues and we get some real progress on the NFL season front. There are big meetings today (aren't they all big though really?) as the labor talks continue, so fingers crossed. In the meantime, let's get to the latest fantasy football articles out there:
- ProFootballFocus.com's Fantasy: 2011 Top 150 overall players are up, based on their updated auction values and projections.
- A little while back, Razzball.com looked at the latest ADP (average draft position) numbers and put together a list of guys that you might want to target in this year's drafts. They're taking another stab at it based on updated ADPs - You down with ADP? Yeah you know me #2.
- I love rankings as you have probably guessed by my consistent linking to them - and of course the annual rankings analysis. I think they're just such interesting fodder for draft prep, particularly when they're slightly unique or different than the standard. For example, The Huddle's Better Than Average Player Rankings - this link goes to RBs - and basically tells you how effective each player was in the context of all other players in that position. I definitely spent a little while with this one - hope you enjoy as much as I did.
- ProFootballWeekly.com has us covered with all the buzz coming out of the NFC and AFC so far from a fantasy standpoint.
- FantasyFootballCafe is taking a look to the future - dynasty leaguers will want to scope out their Dynasty Dynamos for suggestions on players you might want to snag this year, squirrel away on your bench until they've ripened accordingly.
- I love how early Smitty and FantasyFootballXtreme are with their projections every year - always a highlight to see Week 1 Projections from these guys. Makes it seem like the season isn't so far off. Fingers still crossed.
- Finally, I know some of you are sitting around with great FF articles churning away in your brains, and you're thinking how you ought to get down to business and start writing rather than just reading. Turn to Razzball.com's How to Become a Fantasy Football Writer for inspiration. Or intimidation. Or something in between.