It's been a long, full day here - we're closing on our new house in Knoxville, Tennessee at the end of the week and since we won't actually be there in person for the closing, we unexpectedly found ourselves today with 24 hours to turn around 82 pages of paperwork, which required visits to two different notary publics and multiple trips to Kinkos. Good times. But the papers are signed, the funds are being transferred...the deal is nearly sealed! Two weeks from tomorrow the movers will truck our stuff out of here and I'll be a travelin' blogger for a week or so.
In the meantime, plenty of fantasy football to talk about here:
- With the lockout talks going so swimmingly, I feel like folks are feeling more comfortable putting rankings out there. Here are a few that have been posted or updated recently:
- FOXSports.com's composite rankings for the top 200 players
- SI organizes RBs into 8 tiers from the linchpins to the late-round fliers
- SonsofRoto.com has their Very Early TE Rankings up - lots of depth here, particularly for a position that's usually not given a ton of love
- Razzball.com's Top 10 Wide Receivers For 2011
- Next up, a little IDP love:
- Footballguys.com has a great introductory article (and also really a strategy article) for those considering IDP leagues or those who want to up their game a bit. Figure out what the IDP angle is all about in Incorporating IDP Concepts.
- Or head on over to FFToolbox.com for their 2011 IDP Sleepers for 10 names you'll want to put in the vault.
- ProFootballFocus.com has a nice look at 2011's top RB handcuffs - it's carefully noted that these are pre-free agency selections. Frankly, what really caught my eye is that Jacquizz Rodgers should be up for player-with-the-most-awesome-name contention this season...
- Speaking of handcuffs, more advice along those lines from FantasyFootballSharks.com with their Drafting Your Backup Quarterback article - find out which players complement the top QBs.
- Finally, The Hazean bestowed a nice honor on this blog today - he listed his top 10 fantasy football blogs for 2011 and FFLibrarian came out on top. Much appreciated and definitely head on over to this link for The 10 Best Fantasy Football Blogs to read the other top contenders - no doubt you'll recognize many of the names, though you never know when you'll find a new favorite.