I know, I know, I promised daily posts once the lockout was over...and here I am letting days (eons really) go by before posting again. My apologies, fantasy football friends, but we are finally on the road with our big move from Brooklyn to Knoxville and the past few days have been full of packing, movers, and driving - all with a decidedly poor quantity of internet access. But we hopped in a car last night and brought our son and 2 cats as far as my family's home just outside Washington, D.C., where we'll take a breather for a bit as our furniture slowly rumbles on down to Tennessee. It's a crazy week to be relying solely on my iphone for NFL news at times, but now it's time for a big ol' recap of this week's events.
But quickly before that happens, I've got another chance for you fine readers to win a draft kit from FantasyFootballXtreme.com - the first person to send me an e-mail who is not already an FFX member will win (
I'll let you know here when the kit is spoken for The draft kit has been claimed!). Definitely something you'll want to get your hands on now that the season is swinging into motion.
So now let's get to all the big news happening in NFL land...
- More than anything I'm guessing you're looking for a way to keep up with all the news, right? My favorite spot is the running thread from FootballOutsiders.com - here's their Thursday thread, which was just updated a little while ago.
- Other good sites to check out though are Rotoworld's headlines (or even their There's a Lot More Left article) and NoOffseason.com's Following 2011 NFL Free Agency Fantasy Impact.
- Also perhaps the most useful tool amidst these changes is FFToday.com's team-by-team depth charts - they are being updated at least daily.
- Now onto the analysis - take a look at these good reads for thoughts on some of the big FA moves:
- Roto Arcade's Free bird! Kolb officially flies south to Arizona (their whole Rapid React series is great, so scope them all out if you have time)
- ProFootballFocus.com's Chad Ochocinco to the Patriots
- CBSSports.com's Early value propositions
- FFToday.com has updated their rankings and projections - click here for QB rankings. Note the thoroughness with the stats from 2008-2010 included as well as comments for several players. I've probably remarked on this several times over the past few years, but FFToday is my default site for rankings when I need to tweak them according to funky league scoring, etc. Very easy to do with a free account. Good stuff.
- Finally, two strategy pieces for you:
- I've only played in an auction league for one year so I can definitely use all the help I can get - if you're in a similar boat, take a look at The Fantasy Shrink's Step by step through a fantasy football auction article.
- This is only a quasi-strategy piece since it revolves around kickers and most everyone here already knows the rule of thumb to wait, wait, wait on your kicker. But thought I'd toss it in for newbies, plus I'm a sucker any time a site throws up some tiers as SI has done in Draft kickers late, draft wisely.