Happy Election Day! And Waiver Wire Prep Day! Here's to casting your vote. Read on for Mike's advice for your waiver wire work this week.
This week may be the least exciting week of the season in terms of enticing waiver wire additions. There aren’t very many players who haven’t already been mentioned that jump off the page as must-adds. However, there are six teams on bye this week, and you should be looking to take advantage of this. Your best pickups this week may be players that are currently on other rosters.
It’s certainly possible that you are going to be scrambling to piece together a lineup this week yourself, but there will undoubtedly be a couple of teams in your league that will be in that same position. With that in mind, keep an eye on players that other teams in your league are dropping this week. There very well may be some useful or high-upside players that other teams have been stashing for most of the season that they won’t have the luxury of holding on to this week because of all the byes.
I mentioned this last week, but if Josh Gordon is still available in your league, get him now! He’ll be back on the field in week 12. He’s also the type of player that another owner may feel compelled to drop this week in order to fill their lineup.
It appears Adrian Peterson may also be coming back this season. He falls into the same category as Gordon, as a player that can tip the scales and win your league.
Drop me a note on Twitter with any questions or comments.
On to the links:
- Adam Levitan of Rotoworld notes that Terrance West is the RB currently in favor for the Cleveland Browns.
- Christopher Harris from ESPN utters the most surprising three words of the fantasy football season: Add Mark Sanchez
- Brad Evans from Yahoo also likes West, and reminds us that Ryan Mathews will be back on the field soon.
- Fantasy Knuckleheads has Charles Sims atop their list, if he was unclaimed last week.
- Numberfire includes Alfred Blue in their recommendations, with Arian Foster’s hamstrings never a sure bet to make it through the season.