There's lots of fantasy news and info to catch up on...so let's just have at it:
1. Chris requested some info on auction drafts; I have not participated in an auction draft/league before so I have yet to dig up any research. So here's my first stab. Hope this helps:
- FFToolbox (these guys have everything) provide a nice top 200 ranking of 2007 Fantasy Football Auction Values based on a $200 budget. Note that it was last updated on August 3 so it still has Vick on there for $3.27 - and as always be sure to check out the rules it's based upon.
- CBS Sportsline incorporates their auction values into their general 2007 Player Rankings (for their top 200, without auction values, click here). These are based on a $100 budget.
- For more analysis rather than rankings, see Fox Sports.com's Auction Draft Tips: Stars and Scrubs (based on a $200 budget).
- Need a detailed plan? Look no further than FantasyGuru's step-by-step plan to help expertly guide you through the auction draft; it's linked here from FantasyAuctioneer.com's site. I'd also like to point out the link to the FantasyAuctioneer NFL 07 Auction-Draft Kit, which also includes a link to The Auctioneer's Blog and their Top 150 AAVs (that's average auction values to you auction novices). Okay I need to move on and stop fawning over all the links and great material on the FantasyAuctioneer site.
2. Check out FantasyFootballStarters.com's write-up on 5 QBs Who Will Surprise. Perhaps I particularly like this top 5 since I am a Cutler fan and now have Big Ben in one of my leagues...but check who else they list in the top 5 (Joey Harrington?!) and why.
3. In my first draft last weekend, I took a chance on drafting the Ravens in the 5th round. If you don't roll that way, take a look at this article from FFToday called Digging for Defenses. Or on the other side of the ball, try FFToday's Drafting Backup Wide Receivers for some late-round WR drafting insight.
I have my most novice draft this coming Sunday - no offense guys if you're reading this, but this crew I'm drafting with is the least into fantasy football of all my leagues. Their lineups aren't always changed for bye weeks, waivers aren't really watched with the hawk-like intensity of my other leagues...so I have my hopes up pretty high that I'll dominate the draft. We'll see what happens.