Well as you all can imagine, I was very sorry to see the Olympics wrap up last night, particularly after putting up a pretty decent showing in RosterSlots.com's fantasy Winter Olympics game. I even found myself bragging to my sister about my new fantasy olympics skills.
But we've got lots of combine news out there so let's delve right in to today's links...
- FFToolbox takes a look at results from the combine at a variety of positions - scope out their look at quarterbacks, running backs, tight ends, and let's throw some offensive linemen in there since I love seeing what's new on the o-line front.
- Meanwhile you can never go wrong with the Football Outsiders' combine report - check out either Friday's combine report or Saturday's report.
- SI's Fantasy Clicks: The potential deification of C.J. Spiller devotes some time to combine standout C.J. Spiller, top free agent backs, fastest 40 times, and of course a ranking of this year's rookie class.
- If you find yourself sick of combine talk like Rotoworld's Chris Wesseling, then head on over to Pancake Blocks to see what he's put together for the first round of a mock draft. Gotta say I'm kind of agreeing that Charles is a bit too high here. I love the guy's potential and think a lot of the hype is for good reason, but I just am not confident enough about the Chiefs o-line to draft him in the first round.
- A reminder to always stay up on player news and updates in the offseason - in case you missed it, both Thomas Jones and Terrell Owens are set to be free agents next week. Tons of other news out there evolving including guys like Portis, Sproles, and Campbell. Stay hip to news with Rotoworld's NFL Headlines or KFFL.com's Hot Off the Wire.
- Another good place to stop for news is FFXtreme's Player Spotlight page - it's frequently updated as news warrants and provides solid fantasy advice for the upcoming season.
- If you're wondering about fantasy implications for 2010 with all the movement on the RB front, Fighting Chance Fantasy has you covered in Big Changes at RB in 2010.
- Meanwhile for some dynasty thoughts on RBs, swing on over to Razzball's 11 tiers of running back goodness.
- Another final nugget of interest? The NFL is considering changing the format of overtime.