My mom and dad lived in New York City back in the late 60s, early 70s and they have both talked about how glorious spring in New York can be. And my friends, I can now concur. I don't want to get my hopes up since I realize it's the funkiest of all weather months (you know I love it), but take the near 70 degree temps we've had here lately and combine them with daylight stretching later into the evening...and you've got one happy librarian. I don't work on Fridays, so I'm trying to figure out where I can take my laptop to spend some time outside while still watching tomorrow's big tourney games. Man, life is good!
So speaking of the tourney, I hope you all are enjoying this year's March Madness. I've been wiping away my Northwestern-lost-in-the-NIT-again tears...meanwhile, tonight is big for my husband and in-laws who are all big Tennessee fans. I've committed to eating only orange food for dinner tonight in support of the Vols but I'm pretty sure oranges, carrots, and cheez-its might not sustain us for the whole night...
Time for the links:
- When it comes to free agency moves, it pays to remember that it's not just the free agent that benefits from a change of scenario - NFL.com's Michael Fabiano looks at 8 winners and 8 losers in this year's free agency moves in Flacco a big fantasy winner during early free-agent period.
- As free agency moves along you might be wondering about other Areas of need, so thank goodness for that exact article from Rotoworld, which addresses the 5 biggest fantasy vacancies.
- For the latest from the land of mock drafts, see what KFFL.com put together today.
- With Mike Bell now in Philly, I found Philly.com's Is Bell an effective short-yardage back? a good nugget to read and tuck away to help inform some mid- to late-round RB decisions during your fantasy draft.
- There's always talk during the off-season about upcoming 3rd year players who are poised for their breakout season - the FFManiaxs take a look 10 WRs and 5 TEs who might fit the bill.
- The NFL is proposing some changes to playoff overtime rules - read up on the adjustments in the Fifth Down's N.F.L. Overtime Proposal: Keep it Simple?