The free agency fun begins, my fantasy football friends. While I was peacefully sleeping in the wee hours of the morning, Adam Caplan was tweeting about Nate Burleson's move to Detroit...this goes to show how valuable twitter will be in sharing free agency news, so stay hip by checking out the latest from folks like AdamSchefter, greggrosenthal, ProFootballTalk, and daverichard. Lots of other great news tweeters out there - feel free to leave any in the comments if you've got some other favorites to share.
Plenty of football news out there and of course some nice fantasy analysis pieces, so let's get right to it:
- News has broken that Peyton Manning had surgery for a pinched nerve - read the details from ESPN.
- Meanwhile the Panthers have broken ties with QB Jake Delhomme. Hello Matt Moore. Or other as yet unnamed/unacquired QB.
- The Hazean has taken a look at 5 dudes who we might be hearing more about as free agency unfolds in In Honor of Free Agency, Five Impact Fantasy Players on the Move.
- Broncos analysis + fantasy thoughts? Yeah I'm in heaven - see what Rotoworld has to say about the Moreno/Buckhalter situation in Pancake Blocks: Which way is Moreno trending?
- FFManiaxs's Deep Sleepers: NFC Running Backs has totally won me over - an article that includes a discussion of the greatness of Tyrell Sutton, former Northwestern Wildcat (go cats!) and current Panther? Nice!
I'm heading to Boston today for the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference tomorrow - if any of you will be there, let me know!