This weekend we're heading to a Knicks game - they'll be playing the Heat (one of the few professional sports team names that does not end in S...now you're wondering about the rest right? Make that a fun diversion for a Friday afternoon!) and somehow it took us basically the entire NBA season to make it to a game. Better late than never!
I'm sure I'll have football on my mind this weekend though, I mean the draft is now less than 2 weeks away. So onto today's links...
- FantasyFootball.com has a spectacular 2010 NFL Draft info page - they have all sorts of rumors and notes but also links out to mock drafts and rankings, scouting reports, team needs, and even a handful of interviews. Lots of good stuff here.
- Also on the draft front, Rotoworld's Evan Silva (one of my favorite draft dudes) reviews some of the big names on the defensive side in Draft 2010: On the Defensive - he notes that Maycock sees roughly 20 of the top 32 picks going to defenders, making this an even more relevant article for you draftophiles.
- More draft news and rumors from Football Jabber's NFL Draft Update Countdown - 13 Days article.
- Now for some articles with more of a fantasy bent...starting with Matthew Berry's "way-too-early preseason top 100" list - note this list of course will be updated post-draft and reflects some of the trades, retirements, and injuries over the past several months.
- If you couldn't help but notice how Berry dropped Fitzgerald, well, get used to the falling of Fitz. For more on that topic, see FFManiaxs' Will Larry Fitzgerald's Fantasy Status Decline in 2010?
- LestersLegends.com has some QB specific rankings up, updated with the McNabb news - see Updated Early 2010 Fantasy Football QB Rankings for the details.
- And finally for those of you who are thinking about making some tweaks to your league's rules this year and maybe are considering a PPR (points per reception) league, take a look at the Bruno Boys' take on how PPR changes your 1st round picks in The Differences Between Standard & PPR Leagues.