Every week my library offers some sort of professional development seminar for faculty and staff within the library and this week's session, which I'm headed to in an hour or so, is on stress management. Best part? It's led by a psychologist whose first name is Serenity. What are the chances that she was born with the name Serenity?? Maybe I should change my name to Touchdown or something...speaking of name changes, if you didn't already heard, Chad Johnson has officially been permitted to wear his new last name on his jersey this year - it'll read Ochocinco, all one word.
Anyway. Let's get to the football before I'm in some sort of uber de-stress zone...
- CBS Sports has their first 14-team mock draft up - I've mocked with some of these guys before and they really know what they're doing so I think it's worth taking a look at where guys are falling. They'll be cranking out plenty of rounds over the next 10 days or so.
- I'm going back through some of the links that I earmarked over the long weekend and can't believe I haven't put this one up yet - a Times-Picayune article noting Marques Colston's microfracture surgery in January. Right, not good. I'm wondering if this means another slow start for Colston and Lance Moore's value would have just taken a big jump except that he had surgery on his shoulder last month, meaning he'll essentially be taking the entire offseason off. Again, not good. So is this the year Robert Meachem steps up? Or will this be the Devery Henderson Show? Brees has to throw to someone...who will it be?
- Rotoworld keeps the dynasty rankings coming with Dynasty Rankings: Wide Receivers. For whatever reason, I've never been big on Lee Evans. He's always been someone that I just kind of forget about so I'm surprised to see his keeper value as high as it is. Someone out there who is sold on Evans, talk me into it. Why should I like him (other than the bump in receptions he might see now that T.O. can take some of the pressure off)?
- Should the coaching changes in Indy have us concerned? Not so sure quite yet but when it's enough to make Peyton speak up, it definitely has my attention.
- Fantasy Football Maniaxs notes some third-year WRs that you might want to pay attention to when prepping for this year's draft - Third-Year Wide Receivers in 2009.
- After watching LeBron's amazing athleticism again last night I enjoyed reading ESPN's LBJ and NFL: A fantasy based in reality on LeBron's ability to make it big time in the NFL.