If you came to FF Librarian this morning at 8:47 AM eastern time from Ledyard, Connecticut, you are my 100,000th visitor. Congratulations and I will happily (and perhaps slowly) reward you with some sort of FFL shwag if you are interested. If this could be you, send me your IP address and I can confirm if it's correct or not.
So I have just now finished The Hazean's e-mail mock draft that was just 4 rounds long. My first two picks were Randy Moss (1.12) and Reggie Wayne (2.01); with rounds 3 and 4 I wanted to grab some RBs for my team, so based on the following picks from round 3, I went with the following guys...
- Curveballs 4 Jesus: Jamal Lewis
- Sean McCall/Football Outsiders: Marques Colston
- Football Burrito Tony Romo
- Pancake Blocks: Chad Johnson
- West Coast Nonsense: T.J. Houshmandzadeh
- Bruno Boys: Steve Smith
- The Hazean: Brandon Marshall
- Football Jabber: Plaxico Burress
- Fantasy Football Fools: Edgerrin James
- Fantasy Football Geek Blog: Torry Holt
- Fantasy Football Goat: Santonio Holmes
- Fantasy Football Librarian: Reggie Bush
- Fantasy Football Librarian: Ronnie Brown
Now onto the links for the day:
- The Hazean has some sleeper picks for you in Sleeper watch: Wide receivers; check out the sleeper QBs and RBs, too. I can't agree with the Rudi Johnson pick there (how have I become so virulently anti-Rudi?) and I'm not buying the Delhomme love, but the rest are fairly sound assessments.
- What to do with Larry Johnson? He's one of those guys that I'm really uncertain about - if he comes to you at the end of the 1st round, would you take him? What about the middle of the 2nd round? Check out FF Starters' thoughts in Larry Johnson: Fantasy Football Sleeper or Bust in 2008?
- IDP fans, check out FF Xtreme's 2008 IDP Rankings. Not only is there commentary for each player but each player's ADP is also listed. Awesome stuff as always, FFX.
- While I certainly think it's important to focus draft research on those players that you imagine will be your starters, I also think you need to know more about the guys you draft as backups; you might need them more than you think. So on that note, TJI brings us Value City...Quarterbacks for some backup QBs that you may be able to snag at a very late point in the draft.
- And for some amusement as the weekend approaches, enjoy a chuckle while you search for yourself in Football Outsiders' Walkthrough: Psychiatric help, 5 cents - what does your draft style say about you?