I had a great weekend with my college friends in town and am now desperately trying to finish up my Christmas shopping this week. But what's really on my mind right now are the playoffs. I'm concerned, my fantasy football friends. I'm in the first week of the playoffs in my Buffalo Wild Wings All-Star Blogger league and it's not going well. Fortunately each round of the playoffs is actually the sum of your fantasy points over the course of two weeks so if I don't win this week, it's not the end of the world. But I'm afraid that I'm in a deep, dark hole that will be tough to get out of next week when I play Scott Engel of RotoExperts again. For those of you who haven't been following along on this one, the winner will go to Miami to live blog the Super Bowl and throw a party with ESPN's Trey Wingo. I've been in first place by a healthy margin for awhile now so I'll admit it, I've had my hopes up that my regular season success would continue. I think I'll be a tiny bit crushed if it doesn't. But hey, that's a typical fantasy football playoffs tale for you. Anything can happen in the playoffs - last place can become first and injuries can change the landscape dramatically.
So let's get right to today's links:
- There are some solid recaps from yesterday's games out there - take a look at these articles for some good insights:
- For those of you wondering what to do with your Colts in the next few weeks - and of course a nice review of this week's games, see CBSSports.com's First Response: Conundrum with your Colts?
- FantasyFanplay.com's Instant replay - game-by-game analysis
- If you're in need of some lineup replacements, get ideas from a few of the waiver wire articles that are up:
- Bruno Boys' Cut Them Loose and Pick Them Up
- ProFootballWeekly.com's Fantasy Ticker
- FootballDocs' Waiver Wire
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru already has Week 15 Studs, Starts, Sleepers and Bench up - man, that's early. Nice work, Hatty.
- More Week 15 analysis, this time for IDPers - while Monk typically offers up some good waiver wire suggestions during this time of the week, instead today he's just suggesting some IDPs that you can really count on during this upcoming week of the playoffs.
- Meanwhile, 12StepDrop has a look at 5 RBs who really didn't live up to expectations in Top Fives: Running Back Busts.
- If you're in the market for some injury updates, take a look at The Hazean's Monday Morning Rehab for the latest on Kevin Smith, Vince Young, Brian Westbrook, and more.
- Scope out this week's MMQB: Fourteen things you need to know on heels of Week 14 in NFL - interesting tidbits here and I always enjoy King's perspective.
Also, for those of you who are new to FFLibrarian this season, I wanted to be sure that you all know that I blog throughout the year, not just during football season. I don't post quite as frequently, but I still make sure you get a few posts a week with the latest rankings and news from the fantasy football world. So be sure to check back during the offseason - or subscribe to my blog either by e-mail or feed reader (follow links in upper right corner of the blog).