Greetings, fantasy football fans. Today is a lovely day here in NYC - cooler and far more bearable for those of us who are a mere 6 weeks from delivering a child; plus I'm relishing the fact that my husband is such a smarty pants that he was quoted on NPR this morning; and of course...Preseason Week 1 has officially arrived! I hope you all enjoyed the games last night and are gearing up for 3 more games this evening.
To get you all ready for the weekend, let's scope out some links for this fine Friday:
- Many of you have asked if I'll be expanding the average rankings position spreadsheet that I pull together each year to include PPR rankings. I'll take a look around and see if there are enough Top 100 PPR rankings to create something helpful or not, though one that I would definitely include is CBSSports.com's Our Top 200 for PPR Leagues.
- Also on the rankings front, Rotoworld continues to tweak the rankings in their draft guide and Shaking up the Rankings on Pancake Blocks reviews some of the latest player ups and downs.
- When I saw the name of FantasyFanPlay.com's latest article, Stat-a-Palooza, I knew it would be some stats-alicious article but had no clue what a stats dump it would be. Read up for some serious numbers, mostly from the 2009 season.
- SI's Fantasy Clicks does a nice job of giving the basics (and of course some advice) on survivor pools - plus some auction draft results from a real draft that Jay Clemons participated in recently. Gotta say I appreciate that he's upfront about this not being his best draft - equally helpful to see those sorts of draft results, no?
- For more on the auction draft results front (as well as the PPR front) see Razzball's PPR Auction Mock Draft and see which team you think was the big winner.
- Looks like CBSSports.com is cranking out new features yet again this year - take a look at their 2010 Power Projector, which includes player projections from both Dave and Jamey at CBS, plus Accuscore's projections, all wrapped up in an average if that's up your alley. They'll be updating this feature on a weekly basis to give you an assist in making weekly start/sit decisions.