Now that all of the Week 1 preseason games are in the books, we can start thinking a bit more about how injuries and outstanding players from this week might affect the season. Remember that's a big "might" though there's always something - or should I say someone - interesting that emerges during the preseason. So let's get right to it and read up on today's links:
- A great first place to start today - The Hazean's Notable Preseason Heroes to Date discusses some dudes you might want to keep an eye on. And of course after last night's NY/NJ teams showdown, you'll want to keep Giants rookie Victor Cruz on your radar as well - see Giants Rookie Cruz Shines With Three Touchdown Catches for more on that front.
- Roto Arcade's First down: Handoffs galore are in Spiller's immediate future takes a look at some developments from this weekend's games but I'm also on board with the conclusion here that grabbing an elite QB like Aaron Rodgers might just be a smart move this year.
- Smitty from FFXtreme disagrees with me on this one though and thinks it's more worthwhile to grab a Tier 3 QB - who are his Tier 3 QBs? Take a look at Drafting a Value Quarterback to find out.
- I'm a big fan of approaching drafts from a tier perspective and FantasyFanPlay.com has part of their Tiers for Fears series up - QBs and RBs so far.
- FFToday has an interesting read in Risk/Reward that looks at guys who hold a fair amount of risk but high reward, all of whom are going within the first few rounds of a draft. Some of these guys don't hold a ton of risk in my book, or at least not much more than your average player, but a good read nonetheless.
- Finally, last but certainly not least - if you haven't already heard, Brian Westbrook joins Frank Gore in the 49ers backfield.